Just go my first NEO GEO MVS, is it real? What now? (MV1B1)

Locke141

n00b
Hello,

I have been on the edge of buying a MVS for years and a friend at BYOAC recommended a vender in China. I decided to take the chance, as it was affordable and I could live with a cheep fake for testing, that I could later resell honestly as such.

If real, this will be either consolized to be used on my Sony Trinitron or built into a slim wall mounted cab. I have a 21inch 3:4 Samsung syncmaster in hand if the latter. Ether way UniBios and the stereo mod will happen, assuming this is not a knock off.

Also, I ordered a yellow 160-in-1 for testing. I was thinking about buying a better multi cart. Specifically, I heard the black 120-in-1 is better quality, any advise appreciated.

Thanks,

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
That 1998.6.17 is the manufacture date so it's most likely legit. There's not a whole lot of knock MVS boards floating around either. The orange patch was a cheap workaround for failed NEO-BUF chips (only at certain points like GA1) to reorient vias in another direction. All multicarts suck, they just suck differently.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Yes it is real. 1B boards are decent and affordable. All 1 slots are also JAMMA wired.

Locke141

n00b
Thanks guys,

I'm glad I finally just bought a MVS. I'm very excited to get to building and testing.