Minor repair question- modded LED light

So, YEARS ago (around when I created this account, ha!) I bought a modded Neo Geo AES that has S-video and LED power light. Due to several moves it sat in a box for many years and I've started using it again in the last couple years. Everything works great but the LED light has been knocked out of place and is sitting somewhere inside the case.
I've never done any modding and am weighing the risk/reward of trying to fix this on my own vs just leaving it as is. How easy is this to fix to a modding newbie?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Should be about the easiest repair ever. Just take out the screws on the bottom of the AES and take the top off the console, it should be pretty obvious where the LED should do, and you could always keep it in place with a small dab of hot glue if needs be, or tape. Taking apart an AES is very easy. You should be able to find a million youtube vids on various AES mods that will detail how to take the system apart properly.

Great, thanks!

I'll be changing out the pins on my old NES (first console mod for me) and maybe I'll give the AES as shot after I get my confidence up with the NES. Replacing a broken NES is a bit cheaper than AES :oh_no:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Easy to take apart, but a couple notes:

If your AES still has the rubber feet on the bottom be gentle removing them, and you may need some new glue to put them back. Exact replacements for these are not being made.

Be careful not to strip the threads for the screw holes. Old plastic threads are easy to wear out. Turn the screwdriver the wrong way a couple of times to line up the threads before screwing the screws back in. And not too tight.