NeoSD Pro CD support thread

Lord Igniz

n00b
Will we see any more games added to the list? Love the work that was done for the games supported; I know they require a ton of work to get running right but would be awesome to see some more additions.

mario64

n00b
Will we see any more games added to the list? Love the work that was done for the games supported; I know they require a ton of work to get running right but would be awesome to see some more additions.
As far as I know Razoola has not yet returned to the scene therefore no games can be added.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Any difference or advantage to using CDZ patched files (ccd/cue/img/sub) as opposed to the non-patched files? I have a number of .zip files that have both sets and am only using the non-patched files in the CD folders on my SD card. Wasn't sure if those patched CDZ files had any advantage other than the copy protection removed?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Any difference or advantage to using CDZ patched files (ccd/cue/img/sub) as opposed to the non-patched files? I have a number of .zip files that have both sets and am only using the non-patched files in the CD folders on my SD card. Wasn't sure if those patched CDZ files had any advantage other than the copy protection removed?
Interesting idea. I think someone is just going to have to try it at this point, since there doesn't seem to be any support for the feature.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I recently got a neo sd pro in a trade and am having issues with the cd games. Ive browsed the SD card, and everything appears to be set up correctly, but the only 2 cd games that seem to load are neo turf masters and ADK world. Would anyone be able to help me with this, or point me towards verified working bin cue files??

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I recently got a neo sd pro in a trade and am having issues with the cd games. Ive browsed the SD card, and everything appears to be set up correctly, but the only 2 cd games that seem to load are neo turf masters and ADK world. Would anyone be able to help me with this, or point me towards verified working bin cue files??
Not sure if we can post links but if you PM me I can point you to where I got them from. I had troubles with the CD games as well until I found the site I used.

jcoelho

n00b
Hi all,

Hope you are doing well. Is there any record of the CD games working on some AES revisions and not others? I've been trying to make them work on my AES for a while to no avail. Have tried dumps from different sites and even from an archive.org pack whose poster claims they all work. I'm assuming there's something going on with my AES but I'm not really sure. All I get is a blank screen and no sound after the scart switch syncs (which takes a few seconds, btw).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Where's the download link for the new firmware? I can't find it on the Discord, and the official TO web site doesn't have a new firmware available to download.

driph

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I've only been following casually on the terraonion discord, but it looks like they pulled it while they work through some issues.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I'm glad they're working on it.

Being able to play CD games on cart systems reminds me of CD support on the Mega SD or the SSDS3.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
To clarify, can CD games only be played on NeoSD Pro i.e. not NeoSD? Where can I find images to download of the whole lot?

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I’ve checked my NeoSD Pro and am just missing Ironclad CD. Does it differ from the prototype and prototype bootleg roms eg with a CD soundtrack? Where can the CD image be found?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I’ve checked my NeoSD Pro and am just missing Ironclad CD. Does it differ from the prototype and prototype bootleg roms eg with a CD soundtrack? Where can the CD image be found?
The CD version is the same as the cartridge version released on the Wii Virtual Console except it has load screens between stages and an arranged soundtrack.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Ah thanks. I also just found it- named Chotetsu Brikin’ger.

Another question- ADK World doesn’t work after loading. Is there a newer version than I have or is that just how it is currently?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
That's no surprise. That's just how it works now. Hopefully the rumors TO are updating the firmware with a fix are true.