Mark of the Wolves: AES or MVS?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Surely buying MOTW on Xbox 360 or Xbox One is the best investment. It’s on a newer console so right now it’s cheap, but give it 30 years and it might be worth GAZILLIONS!

PSA: Free on game pass.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
When buying a game, being Italian, Spanish or French, you should consider, in order of priority:

1 - How your purchase will be viewed by the other autistic shelf queens online ie NGFL . Will you get enough likes and comments to reach climax?

2 - Can you flip this item for more than you purchased it for in a few months or years?

3 - Will this satisfy your OCD impulses or will you have to purchase even plastic to hoard up soon after? Obvious answer, question is rhetorical.

4 - How much it costs (ie: can you afford it? - no doesn't matter you can just sell some conversions or other fake trash to help fund it like stefano or barrow money from family members like Fukk2)

5 - Once all the pictures and collection updates are posted and the circle jerk is complete how much larger will your e-peen be?

6 - If purchasing a potentially fake homecart to try and cement your Big Tymer status online should you fly to America to complete the transaction at the airport or should you just sell all your neo games and buy a Tintin dog statue for 60,000 euros instead? If taking the airport option remember to pose for a picture so everyone can see what a little weasel you are.

I can't remember if there's a yearly contest for best/worst member, but my vote goes 100% to Dr. Docking for best new member of 2019.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Surely buying MOTW on Xbox 360 or Xbox One is the best investment. It’s on a newer console so right now it’s cheap, but give it 30 years and it might be worth GAZILLIONS!

The sad thing is some digital downloads (not necessarily Neo stuff) will actually become desirable and stupid expensive when the servers holding them die or the games become unavailable due to license or other legal reasons. Just look at how PS4's holding Silent Hill P.T. were sold at some point for stupid money (it seems the hype for it has died now a bit)

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I can't remember if there's a yearly contest for best/worst member, but my vote goes 100% to Dr. Docking for best new member of 2019.

I'm not entirely convinced he's not an alt for a mod, but that's just a theory.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
When buying a game, being Italian, Spanish or French, you should consider, in order of priority:

1 - How your purchase will be viewed by the other autistic shelf queens online ie NGFL . Will you get enough likes and comments to reach climax?

2 - Can you flip this item for more than you purchased it for in a few months or years?

3 - Will this satisfy your OCD impulses or will you have to purchase even plastic to hoard up soon after? Obvious answer, question is rhetorical.

4 - How much it costs (ie: can you afford it? - no doesn't matter you can just sell some conversions or other fake trash to help fund it like stefano or barrow money from family members like Fukk2)

5 - Once all the pictures and collection updates are posted and the circle jerk is complete how much larger will your e-peen be?

6 - If purchasing a potentially fake homecart to try and cement your Big Tymer status online should you fly to America to complete the transaction at the airport or should you just sell all your neo games and buy a Tintin dog statue for 60,000 euros instead? If taking the airport option remember to pose for a picture so everyone can see what a little weasel you are.

So many truth bombs in one post...

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
You know what's cool about your post?

It's the *exact* opposite of what I wrote. Not even close. You read my post, especially the part of a gamer's priority (which includes, of course, his own finances and how much he's able/willing to spend on a game) and completely ignored it.

I'm baffled.

EDIT: just to explain it a bit further: you took the part where one should be conscious about the possibility of a game holding up value better and, for some reason which I swear to god I still completely ignore why, put that at the top of a gamer's priority.

LOL.

Alright, now I'm starting to enjoy this, let's see if I can make it any clearer.

When buying a game, being a gamer, you should consider, in order of priority:

1 - How much you like the game
2 - How much you think you're gonna actually play it
3 - How much it costs (ie: can I afford it)
[a billion other priorities]
92750827085 - The resell value

There, let's see what comes up now, I'm really interested to see what you guys manage to reply.

I guess my first question is who considers number 92750727085? If it’s that far down the list then let’s be real, it’s not a consideration.

I think the main disagreement I have is to how people do the valuation. I’ve got a lot of arcade gear and I’ve spent a decent chunk on a single game. My thought on an expensive shooter I like is how much will I play it. I’ve got hundreds of hours into some of them and at that point I paid a couple bucks (some much less, some a bit more) an hour to own it. That’s worth it to me.

Most of the time when people are looking at resell value they are not considering how much they’ll actually use the game, you know, play it. If they were, then they’d be fine with the price dropping down the road.

I bought an English Garou MOTW Kit many years ago for $150ish. Whatever it’s worth now regardless if I sell it, won’t matter. Because I guarantee I played it way more than $150 worth. I’ve already got my value out of it, I don’t need to worry about it’s current price.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
The correct answer is current consoles for a mere fraction of the cost

Missile

Another Striker
Buy MOTW AES Japanese version. The yellow case design looks amazing and really stands out.

It's the only game I have full kit MVS and the AES game for. I bought them when they were low price though. AES prices always seem to go up, so go for that if you think you might have to sell in the future.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I heard that SNK will be reprinting MOTW soon anyways on the the AES, you should wait for that, I'll be a great investment.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
This whole thing can just be put to rest with one simple answer.

"PS2"

Your welcome.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
That post is praising the 360 port of the game. Anything that post says now lost all credibility if it had any to begin with.

Regardless, everything they said about the Dreamcast version is true and can be easily reproduced.
Same for the PS2 version.
The only thing wrong with the 360 version is the netcode. Playing offline is still better than the Dreamcast version.

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
123►Genei-Jin;4381108 said:
Regardless, everything they said about the Dreamcast version is true and can be easily reproduced.
Same for the PS2 version.
The only thing wrong with the 360 version is the netcode. Playing offline is still better than the Dreamcast version.

PS2 version is good. But the 360 version plays sluggish even on local play. The DC version is an imperfect port but still playable.