NEO-POW3 (AES power supply) outputs 17v?

b0bi

n00b
Hi all,

I bought a japanese AES off eBay.
The console arrived with the NEO-POW3 which claims to output 10v @ 1A max.

But since I'm in Israel, this requires clanky 220v to 110v converter.

So I ordered a 10v 2A power supply, and before using it, I went to test the original one with a Multi-meter, and the multi-meter actually shows that it outputs 17v and not 10v (I checked the multimeter with other sources and it seems accurate).

Why is the NEO-POW3 outputs 17v? will my regular 10v adapter suffice?

b0bi

n00b
The 220 to 110 is working correctly, I use it for all types of other devices and there are no problems.
Not just that, but the AES is working perfectly with this 17v adapter, isn't that weird?

Btw, the one you sent is 9v and not 10v.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Doesn't the voltage knock down once you plug it into the console?

I had a Genny psu test at 15v and once it was plugged into the console and powered it ran at normal voltage.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The 220 to 110 is working correctly, I use it for all types of other devices and there are no problems.
Not just that, but the AES is working perfectly with this 17v adapter, isn't that weird?

Btw, the one you sent is 9v and not 10v.

Yea, I cant speak on why the PSU is outputting so high then.

The later revision AES consoles have a voltage regulator in them, so any PSU between 7 ~ 40v should work so long as it can provide the needed amperage. The difference between using something like the triad PSU and the OEM with a step down, is that the step down will likely introduce noise.

However I always recommend following the rule "if it ain't broke dont fix it.". So if your setup works it's probably fine.