Guess I missed a good deal

Dr Docking

out of control fake account
I can help you with a 'Double Dragon' for much lower cost. PM me with a picture of your 'dragon', and I'll make you a very personal appointment!

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
DD varies between 350-400€.

which is about 380-454$.

So it wasn't really a super deal - but the new price is too high

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
It's in pretty good condition though, so IMO the $383 was a good price. The old style case games are getting really hard to find in good condition now. I predict the price will continue to climb on well preserved games.

Like this one is stupid expensive, but wow it's in amazing condition. I'd be willing to pay a bit of premium for that condition (not that much though :))

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The game sucks anyway, you missed nothing.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The game sucks anyway, you missed nothing.

Not to be ASID but mind elaborating on why?

I think the game has a super unique fighting engine imo and is a blast to play. It is about the only fighting game I've seen where you can link normals after chaining rapid punches/kicks.

This leads to hilarious infinites/interesting combos. It also has forward cancelling (I still don't get why it works, only know that it allows you to cancel certain moves when forward is held), not to be confused with walk/crouch cancel seen in a lot of other fighting games

The only thing that sucks about this game is stun builds up even if you block. So all it takes is one hit after blocking to get stun.

Overall a very solid fun game. A shame a lot of the combos/notations/game engine stuff is in Chinese.

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I think it was pounds sterling. This is the second time this has come up, I wish I had of screenshot it. Is there any way to check finished ebay listings?

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I think it was pounds sterling. This is the second time this has come up, I wish I had of screenshot it. Is there any way to check finished ebay listings?

Go to advanced search and check "completed listings"

http://gamevaluenow.com collects completed listings for a ton of games (only Neo game I have found it doesn't cover is RBS for some reason).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Here it is for 10,000 Euro's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUBLE-DRA...K-USA-French-Double-notice-RARE-/282971589464

This is the copy that was 50k, cannot find an old listing for it at that price. Seems it sold fro £2650, a bit of a mark down!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-D...086064?hash=item4b64c39370:g:DWoAAOSw8S9a1dwk

The Euro double dragon is very rare though. Way more rare than Jpn DD. Doesn't mean you want to buy it in today's counterfeit riddled market.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Mike's price guide has Euro DD at $3000. So $10k on ebay doesn't surprise me at all, sadly.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The Euro double dragon is very rare though. Way more rare than Jpn DD. Doesn't mean you want to buy it in today's counterfeit riddled market.

Do you ever get the feeling that you're behind glass? That what you say is never heard?