Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to find Mv1B Board connectors

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I might take a few of those off your hands when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    That looks exactly like what perfect did...NICE! I'd be down for a few too.
    BB
    No problem. I will message you when they come in.

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    That saved me a lot of time. I just ordered 20 of them made. When they come in I can send some out to those interested.
    Actually count me out on those adapters, they will not work for the 1Fz. In looking at the adapters again, both the picture and the schematic shown on the arcade-projects link I can see that the MV-1B uses different plugs than the MV-1fz. It looks like SNK maybe ditched the KEL plugs (you can tell because they will say KEL on the right back side of the right angle plugs) for another brand and thus MV-1B's don't have the same problem of unavailable plugs as the 1Fz.

Here's a picture of the underside of a 1Fz if it was to be connected horizontally as we are trying to do. The pins are not only not mirrored like the pins on those 1B adapters, but the pin matching order is flipped on each set of 2 rows. I have labeled the pins how they match up verified with a multimeter.

Could you take a picture of the bottom of a MV-1B for me please? and if possible, could you measure the distance "X" with the 2 boards as close together as possible? I assume those boards on arcade-projects are already tested and working, but you might want to test how the pins match up on the MV-1B just in case.

MV-1fz_pins.jpg
    -Finch

Goal! Goal! Goal!

X=14mm

Goal! Goal! Goal!

Sorry I don't have a means for better photos atm

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by DasiyAge View Post
    X=14mm
    Thanks. Yeah now that I know that the MV-1B's connections are perfect mirrors, and if the pin connection order are also mirrored, then you could simply order TE-Connectivity Part#1-1734099-0 and 1-1734037-0, de-solder the existing connectors and replace them with those and it will plug in just fine. You will probably want to sand off those little saw-edge nubs on the edge of the board though so it fits nice and tight. The TE connectors have an exactly 14mm distance between the first row of pins, so it should fit in perfectly. Some other brands of similar connectors mate much closer and will not work.

Not saying it won't be annoying de-soldering those connectors, but shouldn't be too bad with a heatgun. I have the TE connectors lying here on my desk, but I don't have a MV-1B to test on unfortunately.

EDIT: Yeah the pins order is a direct mirror, thanks to ack's link I see the MV-1B actually has the pin numbers printed on the PCB, how convenient.
    Last edited by Finch; 07-09-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    -Finch

Goal! Goal! Goal!

Definitely an outside of the box approach but it seems feasible. I'll send you this MV1B if you pay shipping. I don't recall where I got it from but it works fine. I had issues with the red but I've chalked it up to a problem with the encoder I used because that encoder was faulty with every board I tried.

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by DasiyAge View Post
    Definitely an outside of the box approach but it seems feasible. I'll send you this MV1B if you pay shipping. I don't recall where I got it from but it works fine. I had issues with the red but I've chalked it up to a problem with the encoder I used because that encoder was faulty with every board I tried.
    Sure! Let me know how much the shipping will be. I’ll see if I identify the original connectors now that I know they aren’t KEL, and try those TE connectors. I’ll pm you too.
    -Finch

Thread Information