Daedalus converter vs. Omega?

TheMagicianLord

Rugal's Thug
Debating between the two, and not sure which is the best route to go.

Relatively new here, and don't want to get into any drama, but it looks like the Daedalus was created by a member, DavidG, who the community says is a scammer? Yet it's still for sale in the store? What's the story around that, and is it a safe product to buy?

Thanks.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
CMVS over a converter any day. Plus those converters are stupid expensive. It makes no sense.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If you like home carts and the AES console, you go for a converter(I prefer super converter where you insert cart in top). If you don't care about the home system console and carts,you go after an Omega.
BB

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
If you like playing games = Omega/CMVS
If you like spending money and looking at games on shelves = AES

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
While the Omega is an option, have you considered a customer CMVS? Here is a handy video that will catch you up on all the various questions you will eventually have regarding region. In the video they also showcase an awesome CUSTOM SNES CMVS that took 2 years to make!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's a good converter, but the carts load sideways and they're hard to insert and remove.

One nice thing about the AES/converter route is the option to play AES games.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
if you already own a home system, i think its better to invest in a NeoSD Pro before spending silly cash on a converter.

TheMagicianLord

Rugal's Thug
I've got a standard NeoSD, but it's the only way I have to play certain games because I'll never afford their AES counterparts. I thought it might be nice to start an MVS collection and pick up some of the games I could never get on the AES. On the other hand, I could buy a NeoSD Pro, keep the NeoSD as a backup, and forget about the MVS route.

As far as why Omega, it seemed reasonably priced at $529 compared to the units I saw from Neotropolis at $700. I did see some CMVS units on some sketch Chinese website for cheaper, but I wasn't sure about quality there.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
On the other hand, I could buy a NeoSD Pro

Don't forget the added CD feature. It's pretty sweet. Combat school in Metal Slug, ADK World, SSRPG, and crossing my fingers they add support for KOFs for their arranged soundtracks.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Don't forget the added CD feature. It's pretty sweet. Combat school in Metal Slug, ADK World, SSRPG, and crossing my fingers they add support for KOFs for their arranged soundtracks.

They did WHAT?

That’s fucking amazing. Time to sell my CDZ and go back to AES. Thought I’d never say that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Build your own CMVS, It isn't hard at all.

But like 96% of us, I'd recommend getting a supergun because you'll most likely want to play other arcade stuff.

TheMagicianLord

Rugal's Thug
Build your own CMVS, It isn't hard at all.

But like 96% of us, I'd recommend getting a supergun because you'll most likely want to play other arcade stuff.

I grabbed a Daedalus for now. Pretty tight on space where I'm at, and since I don't have room for a workbench, I don't want to try to build anything until I do. I hate soldering on the floor.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I grabbed a Daedalus for now. Pretty tight on space where I'm at, and since I don't have room for a workbench, I don't want to try to build anything until I do. I hate soldering on the floor.

Tight on space is the shitiest excuse. How big is a MV1C cmvs? I could fit mine on a bookshelf sideways next to a NeoSd. Just admit you wanted a converter.

Let me know a few months from now when you sold your converter and purchased a cmvs because you don't want carts hanging sideways.

QmknYBm.jpg

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Tight on space is the shitiest excuse. How big is a MV1C cmvs? I could fit mine on a bookshelf sideways next to a NeoSd. Just admit you wanted a converter.

Let me know a few months from now when you sold your converter and purchased a cmvs because you don't want carts hanging sideways.

QmknYBm.jpg
I might go with an AES, but that's basically my setup if I ever have to live overseas or in tight quarters again.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
That little cmvs is really cool. Does the power supply fit inside too?