Terraonion announces the MegaSD FPGA Sega CD/Mega-CD for your Megadrive and Genesis

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
When this MegaSD was announced and they said it doesnt do 32X cd games, I had no idea 32X cd games existed.

All 5 of them are just FMV games that were also released on the Sega CD.

Mikekim

n00b
Mine has arrived..
top build quality - works well. even takes multi region bios for the mega cd with no issues
b3hoRP.jpg

made and printed an insert for the universal case (just scanned the box art and modified a template in photoshop), as the original case is just cardboard and wouldn't last long under continued use without looking "dog eared"
zEKX0F.jpg

had to remove a couple of the tabs to get the cart to fit
Z4aeYe.jpg

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
All 5 of them are just FMV games that were also released on the Sega CD.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there's a version of Pitfall which uses both 32x and MegaCD which, of course, is not an FMV game.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there's a version of Pitfall which uses both 32x and MegaCD which, of course, is not an FMV game.

I think there were separate 32X and Mega CD versions but not a 32X CD version.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think there were separate 32X and Mega CD versions but not a 32X CD version.

That might be it. Or maybe there was a ROM Hack which used the 32X version with the CD Soundtrack, can't remember honestly, it has been way too much time :D

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
wyo's right. 32X version was a technically a letdown, while the Sega-CD one is considered best because of added red book. Good game, btw.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
To everyone who ordered from Germany expect to pay 60-70 Euro more

My shipping arrived somewhere in Germany, DHL tracking won't show you the fees but In the end you will have to pay 19% + around 15, - dhl fees because they payed the tax upfront

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Since it's release last month the reviews are coming in.Here is mylifeingaming review of it.

Phades

New Challenger
Mine has arrived..
top build quality - works well. even takes multi region bios for the mega cd with no issues......

I love what you did for the case/art. Looks great!

I've been toying with getting one of these since I just bought a Analogue Mega SG..... Tried to convince the wife to do it for Christmas, but I doubt that will happen.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I love what you did for the case/art. Looks great!

I've been toying with getting one of these since I just bought a Analogue Mega SG..... Tried to convince the wife to do it for Christmas, but I doubt that will happen.
Settle down, Beavis. You can wait til tax returns.

HawkJ229

n00b
Anyone else experiencing a small bug with the sound when loading Shining Force CD at the game's main menu? It's like a quick distorting sound.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Interested to see some of the lads reviews .

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's on the pricey side but does the job well. I've been using it with my Mega Sg and it works great. Haven't had any issues running any sega cd games.

I do have issues with my original Mega Drive and Genesis. It sometimes crashes at the menu. This doesnt happen with my Mega SG. Could either be a voltage issue or possibly a recap on the old hardware.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I wonder if it would work on my CDX. That's probably pushing it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I wonder if it would work on my CDX. That's probably pushing it.

I'm not a 100% sure but I know it doesn't work with a Sega genesis and sega CD add on plugged in so I'm thinking the combo units like X eye and cdx wouldn't work either for the SCD games.