Terraonion announces the MegaSD FPGA Sega CD/Mega-CD for your Megadrive and Genesis

Max

n00b
I was thinking about buying one of these but if delivery time is put off I won't order it.....

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Mine will be here today, must suck to live in the EU where the govt takes all your money then spends it on the royal wedding.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Mine arrived. Haven't had a chance to try it. The build quality is top notch.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Damn this thing is awesome. Been playing Sol Feace all evening, pretty cool shooter.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
The shipping situation is ridiculous. Especially since it was pretty expensive in the first case. 18 euros for 'express shipping' and lots of people won't get them until a few weeks..

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The shipping situation is ridiculous. Especially since it was pretty expensive in the first case. 18 euros for 'express shipping' and lots of people won't get them until a few weeks..

You have to pay to play.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
Got mail from Terraonion today..... Doesn't sound good

"Due to the sheer number of shipments being sent out, this process could take up to 3 weeks to complete"

Was this really a good move? Why does someone move his business to a location with such a small post office.... Don't care for taxes but shipping that could take weeks why?

Hopefully it's faster

... Andorra is a bit near to Germany than Spain and shipping could possibly take longer than from every other point in the world

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

"Due to the sheer number of shipments being sent out, this process could take up to 3 weeks to complete"

Was this really a good move? Why does someone move his business to a location with such a small post office.... Don't care for taxes but shipping that could take weeks why?

Hopefully it's faster

... Andorra is a bit near to Germany than Spain and shipping could possibly take longer than from every other point in the world

Do you have some kind of gaming emergency?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Hopefully it's faster

Because if they hadn't moved out of Spain this would cost $400-500 instead.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
Do you have some kind of gaming emergency?

That not the point, I just don't like it when something is lying around for a long time in a unknown post warehouse

If you are OK with waiting a few weeks even when you don't expect it good for you

Especially when last orders went really fast, anyway I know you don't care

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The email is just an FYI. Supposedly customs will start clearing more packages tomorrow so hopefully any wait is less.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
This seems super cool and Im pretty tempted to pick one up. I'm already planning to get a Mega SG so this would be a nice addition. Just wondering though, there are rumors that the jailbreak firmware for the Mega SG that already allows SD card rom loading will be given 32x support. If that is done, is the advantage of this that it does CD games too?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
All whiners... plz direct emails about late shit to: ng.dev_takeyourmoney_anddon'tdeliverfor4years@pre_orderrape.com

Plz make all emails FAO: fuckyou

Kthx... motherfuckers...

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am going to put an aside here... following my last post...

I APPRECIATE... that The Terraonion Team... including our Yodd would prefer this to be a factual... less confrontational type deal...

However, I would point out that with certain advantages gained... you will get certain disadvantages...

Terraonion gets the powerhouse earning income of this sites members... and Ng.com gets footfall...

HOWEVER... being on this site isn't some homogeneous human cloning experiment... you will definitely get some input from weird members... including an older and very jaded Azn...

xROTx

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
If that is done, is the advantage of this that it does CD games too?

Yes, but I'd say that's a huge advantage. The Sega CD has lots of great games. And not having to deal with dying drives, caps that need replacing, the bulk, and worst of all the extra power supply? The MegaSD is worth its weight in gold if you ask me.

Also cart games can get CD soundtracks from what I understand, but I've not looked into that at all yet.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes, but I'd say that's a huge advantage. The Sega CD has lots of great games. And not having to deal with dying drives, caps that need replacing, the bulk, and worst of all the extra power supply? The MegaSD is worth its weight in gold if you ask me.

I totally agree, great device. Even an SVP core for Virtua Racing is available with the next firmware. Just waiting for the MSDEXP to play 32X CD games.

Regarding the power supply. I'll keep my tower of power and bought this 3-in-1 power supply.

https://retrogamesupply.com/collect...in-one-for-sega-megadrive-genesis-mega-cd-32x

Also cart games can get CD soundtracks from what I understand, but I've not looked into that at all yet.

For instance, the Pier Solar music is available as CD image. Just put the cart ROM and the CD images into the same directory.

Pier Solar is supported on the MegaSD (too big for Everdrives). I have the original 2nd run cart, but it crashed after playing it for many hours (and crashes again after save loading). So I will give another try with the Rev. C ROM.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
All this talk of wanting to play 32X cd games. Tell me exactly what fucking 32X cd game is worth playing? No seriously, tell me.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea seriously. People complaining about no 32x support are really reaching.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea seriously. People complaining about no 32x support are really reaching.

It's the new collection world. Fucking crying about any and everything. You know, there's not like 5,000+ games to play, gotta have that fucking slam city starring Scottie pippin 32x game.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
All this talk of wanting to play 32X cd games. Tell me exactly what fucking 32X cd game is worth playing? No seriously, tell me.

When this MegaSD was announced and they said it doesnt do 32X cd games, I had no idea 32X cd games existed.