AES Conversions on Ebay

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Does anyone know if there's a way to tell a conversion cart from a real one, apart from getting it and opening up the the cart? On Ebay they seem to be exactly the same as the original games. There are the NCI games, which are brand new in shrinkwrap (?), and original conversions that were made 20 years ago (Strikers 1945 Plus AES by !ARCADE!)

I don't think they should make conversions, it usually involves ruining a perfectly good original AES cart. People can play with MVS carts instead. Or if they must make conversions, they could do it like they do with reprints of old and expensive comic books- where they change some of the colors printed, or make the book larger than the original, so the comic can't be confused with the original. If they do reproductions of AES manuals, they should be a little larger than the original.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
joe1
joe2
joe3
joe4
joe5
joe6
joe7
joe8
joe9
joe10

Which is the real joe? How do you tell?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You think 8 is the real one....

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Does anyone know if there's a way to tell a conversion cart from a real one, apart from getting it and opening up the the cart? On Ebay they seem to be exactly the same as the original games. There are the NCI games, which are brand new in shrinkwrap (?), and original conversions that were made 20 years ago (Strikers 1945 Plus AES by !ARCADE!)

I don't think they should make conversions, it usually involves ruining a perfectly good original AES cart. People can play with MVS carts instead. Or if they must make conversions, they could do it like they do with reprints of old and expensive comic books- where they change some of the colors printed, or make the book larger than the original, so the comic can't be confused with the original. If they do reproductions of AES manuals, they should be a little larger than the original.

Also, how do you tell between a fixed an unfixed SSVS cart- the fixed version has a Neo Geo sticker next to the cart label? Couldn't somebody just remove that?

serveimage

Dr Docking

out of control fake account
Joe had an aes conversion done at my clinic only a week ago now and he's a new man, aren't you Joe?

Dr Docking

out of control fake account
Which Joe are we talking about here, Doc?

I'm startled by the question... all of them have come here. In fact I believe their lineage has roots here... but they must have been exiled south thousands of years ago.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Joe, you joined in 2007. Surely you know already that this is basically an insurmountable problem for new collectors. When I saw the thread title I expected a noob.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Conversions aside....does the government really amake awareness campaigns against pooping in pools?!

like...does it actually need that in the US?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Conversions aside....does the government really amake awareness campaigns against pooping in pools?!

like...does it actually need that in the US?
The gif is real apparently. It's from the US Center for Disease Control. Their official account tweeted it out, and there's a campaign. Just makes it all the better. Every season should have a great gif. Besides, it's a metaphor for this forum.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you buy off Ebay from a stranger you are taking a huge risk. This has been the case for a long long time, from the moment that Ralph Karels sold Laurent a fake MS1, and people buying games that arrive with a NGF stamp in them.

If you want legit games, post your request in the wanted section and wait. Then filter out the offers from unknown members.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I have no issues dropping money on desired AES games on Ebay. As a buyer you have buyer protection through ebay.

Most people wont confuse a NCI game for an original. NCI makes everything a reproduction, the PCBs, the Snaplock, and the shells. The snaplock have white lines on the spine that form when the snaplock is opened. They don't use the same plastic as SNK did. NG DEV uses the same snaplocks for their releases as well. NCI PCBs are easy to spot and there is no way to confuse them with SNK boards.

20190612_165049.jpg

Also how is a member from 07 bringing this topic up in 2019?

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I can't tell if this is a serious post.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have no issues dropping money on desired AES games on Ebay. As a buyer you have buyer protection through ebay.

Most people wont confuse a NCI game for an original. NCI makes everything a reproduction, the PCBs, the Snaplock, and the shells. The snaplock have white lines on the spine that form when the snaplock is opened. They don't use the same plastic as SNK did. NG DEV uses the same snaplocks for their releases as well. NCI PCBs are easy to spot and there is no way to confuse them with SNK boards.

View attachment 54235

Also how is a member from 07 bringing this topic up in 2019?

I'm only talking about neo geo games, and I would definitely have a problem buying neo geo games through ebay, because their protections are pretty bad. at least here it's easier to confirm provenance.