Question about CMVS

mmz16x

n00b
Hello all I was wondering where is a good place to get a Case shell for a MV-1C system as I plan to build a CMVS but cant find any sources for Case shells as I want to install and mount Saturn controller ports and do RGB jacks plugged upto a OSSC any idea's would be much appreciated

adeneo

n00b
You could make your own enclosure from scratch, or find something around the house or at a local store, whatever, or you can buy enclosures from a lot of different places, Hammond seems to have some -> https://www.hammfg.com/

Measure your board and the extra stuff you want to use, superguns or whatever, then buy an enclosure that everything will fit in.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You can't find any? you mean you haven't really tried? did you try that thing called Google? Try project enclosure.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah but he probably also didn't want it to suck ass.

mmz16x

n00b
Ive looked around and used the power of google but all I came accross was a open faced acrylic style case and then the one that mmmonkey used from hammond to make a case out of im wanting a closed case i'd love a case like the CMVS Omega but tbh anything works just want the board to be closed in a good case that ive yet to google accross yet and not found....

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ive looked around and used the power of google but all I came accross was a open faced acrylic style case and then the one that mmmonkey used from hammond to make a case out of im wanting a closed case i'd love a case like the CMVS Omega but tbh anything works just want the board to be closed in a good case that ive yet to google accross yet and not found....

There is no ready made CMVS case. You have to make your own. As Adeneo mentioned, you need to get a project box/enclosure of some type of appropriate size and cut out all the openings you need yourself.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
He want's a pre-made one? lol dream on, meanwhile your useful hands and incredibly capable brain could enable you to do as Gohan says.

mmz16x

n00b
hmmm I see well askin here I thought would be for the best and now i know its make it myself thank you Iwill start looking into making a case whats a good source for saturn controller ports? I know ebay but was wondering if there are other good sites aswell

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Before you think about mounting ports consider how you're going to convert Saturn controllers to DB15/jamma input.

mmz16x

n00b
I was looking at the db15 mods I'm gonna look into adding those ports from what I read it's a straight wire up from the jamma pins to the db15 connecter

adeneo

n00b
Yes, DB15 for NG controllers are wired straight to the jamma edge, Saturn controllers will require some sort of conversion board etc.