Thread: NES to PCE controller adapter?

Neo Bubble Buster

NES to PCE controller adapter?

Anyone have plans or know of an adapter to use an NES pad on the PCE? The replacement controllers are getting expensive for it, and I've got a whole bunch of NES pads, plus the Max, some joysticks, etc.

Crazed MVS Addict

I believe the Retropad32 is made for this kinda stuff - kinda pricey, but will allow for quite a lot of controller switchery (on various consoles). You need to get the unit + dongles though.

Actually - scratch that, sorry - I'm not sure if it supports plugging into a PCE right now (though it would be able to in future).
    Last edited by J-P; 05-28-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Neo Bubble Buster

I saw it. Fancy but also pricey. It shouldn't be that hard to put some resistors and maybe a shift register inline to take the NES signals and convert to the PCE. I found a project that converts the Genesis pad. I know the signals are different but something low cost should work, like an Arduino or something.

Mickey's Coach

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/nes-to-pc-...ontroller-mod/

Have not tested the above so can't say whether it works for sure.

PCE 2-button controller schematic:

Turbo_Pad_Schematic.png

Tried to make this circuit minus the turbo functionality for a pad hack to an arcade stick (DB15 / NG standard) but did not succeed - connections / wiring all seemed fine so not really sure why it did not work but maybe you will have better luck.
    Regards, MtothaJ

Thread Information