metal slug 1 sound.

spanks_4

n00b
I was sold an MS1 cart that was supposed to be real, but I've been told it's a bootleg cart.

The game plays, but sound is dead and when the game is plugged in it kills the sound of all other games.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• ms2.jpg
    ms2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 36
  • ms1.jpg
    ms1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 36

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I'd say go for a refund if they sold you an "original" MS1. Never hurts to ask for board pics before and you can reference them on Jamma nations site or many others. As for the audio, something was probably dumped/written incorrectly and it's not going to be something you can fix easily.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Just need to burn an eprom 27c010 with the Metal Slug M1 data on it and swap out.
BB

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
It is a Bootleg, it looks exactly as my and it was identified as Boot here in the boot or no boot section. I thought it was real too first.

EF6FACC8-3BDF-4A3D-A6FF-4A6AD9CF650E.jpeg

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
It is a Bootleg, it looks exactly as my and it was identified as Boot here in the boot or no boot section. I thought it was real too first.

I have the same Boot cart. Had some sound problems with it but I did a quick reflow of the solder pins on the M1 and that did the trick for me. As everyone else said. A total replacement of the M1 may also do the trick.