Neo Geo Capacitor replacement issue

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I replaced my Neo Geo AES capacitors recently. I got them from console 5. I did it in two parts where the first part I replaced all but 6 capacitors, then I replaced those 6. After I replaced the 6 other capacitors, which were the three 1 uf capacitors and 3 470 uf capacitors my Neo Geo only now has sound and is not outputing any video. Is there any fix for this?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
RGB bypass, you probably ripped the pads out when replacing the caps.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Make sure that you have the right polarity of the caps, it's easy to put one in backwards and then have a bad day. After that, start doing some continuity tests, you might have ripped a pad like Niko said and need to run a jumper wire.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Make sure that you have the right polarity of the caps, it's easy to put one in backwards and then have a bad day. After that, start doing some continuity tests, you might have ripped a pad like Niko said and need to run a jumper wire.

This. Use a multimeter and check for orientation. Stupid caps are so easy to reverse.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
If you are getting no video, my guess is the composite / sync cap is the problem. If you had a bad connection related to the R,G or B, you would just see wierd colours. No sync = no picture!