Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Pulling The Trigger, but Nothing to Shoot

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    TX, United States

    Posts
    27

    Pulling The Trigger, but Nothing to Shoot

    So I've been wanting a new NeoGeo cab (Neo 25 or Neo 29) and mentioned it to the wife. Her first question: How are you paying for it? Once I told her I would pay for it with my own money from some sales of video game stuff I've had laying around for a while, she did not care. Wasn't excited about it, but didn't say no either.

    Boom! First obstacle cleared.

    I went about looking for a place to buy this cab and couldn't find one anywhere online or Ebay. Then I remembered I bought my New Net City from Ken @ The Gameroom, but it doesn't look like he has one at the moment (I sent him an email anyway). Checked Craigslist as well and nothing either.

    Question - do you guys know of any other place to buy a Neo cab? Can't be that hard, can it?

  2. #2
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    3,184
    P.S. your wife does care...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  3. #3
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,780
    They seem to be easier to find on the West Coast. You just have to be on the look out and eventually one pops up. The best way to get a candy is by getting in on a group buy and importing them but people just don't bother with doing group buys anymore. Too many headaches.

  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    TX, United States

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    P.S. your wife does care...
    I'll just assume she doesn't and then deal with the fallout later.

  5. #5
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,831
    You had to discuss it with your wife? Be a man and buy whatever you fucking want!


    !!

  6. #6
    Astra Superstar
    Gaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The 7th circle

    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    You had to discuss it with your wife? Be a man and buy whatever you fucking want!
    ^
    Calling your wife the first obstacle made me laugh though.
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

  7. #7

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,266
    I think you should try to fund it another way or give up the idea. I always regret selling game stuff for other game stuff, and cabs can really be a headache if there are issues.

  8. #8
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Burgers5750's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Surrey, England

    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by G_TOOL View Post
    She wasn't excited about it, but didn't say no either.
    That's what I told the judge in my trial.
    "On the gweeen"

  9. #9
    .
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    TX, United States

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I think you should try to fund it another way or give up the idea. I always regret selling game stuff for other game stuff, and cabs can really be a headache if there are issues.
    Good point. I have done this in the past and then end up buying the games again a few years later. However, with 2 kids now it has become harder for me to play all the consiole games I own, so it is definitely time to trim the collection.

  10. #10
    .
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    TX, United States

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgers5750 View Post
    That's what I told the judge in my trial.
    I used to have two pinball machines and a billiards table while also having the two cabs. When I moved a year and a half ago, I sold the pinballs and billiards table due to just how much of a pain they were to move. I think she probably feels a cab is way smaller in comparison.

  11. #11
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by G_TOOL View Post
    I used to have two pinball machines and a billiards table while also having the two cabs. When I moved a year and a half ago, I sold the pinballs and billiards table due to just how much of a pain they were to move. I think she probably feels a cab is way smaller in comparison.
    Or maybe she thinks it's getting again the PITA she thought long gone when you sold the pinball and billiards tables.

  12. #12
    Iori Yagami's Manicurist

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,397
    Quote Originally Posted by G_TOOL View Post
    I went about looking for a place to buy this cab and couldn't find one anywhere online or Ebay. Then I remembered I bought my New Net City from Ken @ The Gameroom, but it doesn't look like he has one at the moment (I sent him an email anyway). Checked Craigslist as well and nothing either.
    It seldom happens to find what you're looking for, exactly then, when you can go for it. It's better to find something inspiring, then clear the way. That said, you probably should give up this idea, like Neo Alec suggested, and see what other nice stuff's available. Maybe it's not the right time.

  13. #13
    Moterator. theMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

    Posts
    5,574
    Any pics of this obstacle?
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

  14. #14
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,531
    Good luck, in 2019 you kinda missed the boat on cabs already. You either have to get extremely lucky or pay tons of money. Most of the japanese cabs I see sold and bought today are overpriced garbage unless you're buying it from a bro and not a reseller.
    Whatcha gonna do?

  15. #15
    Galford's Armourer
    poodude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN

    Posts
    461
    RKLOK.com is still getting in fairly rare cabs all the time. Lots of Pony's, Windys, aero tables etc. They are in Europe though so you'd have to sea freight it from there if they're willing to do that. I think they've been buying up all the old arcades that have been closing in Japan. Hard to find much in the US other than Blast City cabs. As was mentioned, southern California is the place to find cabs in the US. You could try California craigslist.

  16. #16
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Finland

    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by G_TOOL View Post
    Her first question: How are you paying for it?
    When your wife is asking about paying for video games, HI-FI, new TV etc. and not asking like I hope this is not going to our living room. My advice forget about it.
    Last edited by godzilla43; 05-28-2019 at 02:55 AM.

  17. #17
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Finland

    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgers5750 View Post
    That's what I told the judge in my trial.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/bITuHSva4g1YQ/giphy.gif

  18. #18
    B
    ASS
    IC
    basic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ???

    Posts
    588
    I foresee sleeping in separate beds/rooms in the future for you.

  19. #19
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,831
    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    I foresee sleeping in separate beds/rooms in the future for you.
    Is this how the story of the cuckolded one starts?


    !!

  20. #20
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by G_TOOL View Post
    So I've been wanting a new NeoGeo cab (Neo 25 or Neo 29) and mentioned it to the wife. Her first question: How are you paying for it? Once I told her I would pay for it with my own money from some sales of video game stuff I've had laying around for a while, she did not care. Wasn't excited about it, but didn't say no either.

    Boom! First obstacle cleared.

    I went about looking for a place to buy this cab and couldn't find one anywhere online or Ebay. Then I remembered I bought my New Net City from Ken @ The Gameroom, but it doesn't look like he has one at the moment (I sent him an email anyway). Checked Craigslist as well and nothing either.

    Question - do you guys know of any other place to buy a Neo cab? Can't be that hard, can it?

    Hey G_Tool, post nude pictures of your wife in this thread and I will help you get a cab.

    Regards,
    neo_moe

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •