Anyone making/selling empty cart shells?

Rick Dangerous

Quiz Detective
Some of my carts are pretty nasty; looking to put them in new shells with nice labels in English. The Neo-Store is sold out of the clear carts. Anyone know of ANYONE else making/selling MVS cart shell replacements?

Also; is there a good video on how to disassemble an MVS cart without breaking anything? My boards are pretty loose in my copy of Cyber Lip and i'd like to re-seat them. Thanks!

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Can’t help you with the cart shells, but dissembling an mvs cart is easy as hell especially if you don’t care about the label. I wouldn’t worry about breaking anything, just tightening up the screws might help the boards not wiggle around as much.

Edit: these aren’t exact replica shells, but serve your purposes. https://lions3.com/product/mvs-custom-game-shell/

Last edited:

Rick Dangerous

Quiz Detective
Those look really cool actually! I love the frosted surrounds with clear centers putting the circuit boards on display as art! Great idea!

Sadly they are out of stock...AND the real deal breaker, do not fit in Shock Boxes..

Thanks for the tips on taking the carts apart.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Don't replace original shells and labels with repros, no matter how bad the condition. Original is always better. This scene doesn't need more people devaluing legit games. I hate the shit out of getting a cart that has had its JP label replaced with a fake one.

Just do your best to clean them up. Get shockboxes to store them in if you can't stand the look of them.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Don't replace original shells and labels with repros, no matter how bad the condition. Original is always better. This scene doesn't need more people devaluing legit games. I hate the shit out of getting a cart that has had its JP label replaced with a fake one.

Just do your best to clean them up. Get shockboxes to store them in if you can't stand the look of them.

This.

If you dont like the label, buy a different cart and sell the old one.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Those look really cool actually! I love the frosted surrounds with clear centers putting the circuit boards on display as art! Great idea!

Sadly they are out of stock...AND the real deal breaker, do not fit in Shock Boxes..

Thanks for the tips on taking the carts apart.

Yeah sorry. These are a pain to make. So haven’t restocked. (The 2nd batch did fit shock boxes)

Original shells are best. The intent of these and any future iteration is to help people with destroyed shells. So they don’t sack cheap games just for their shells.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Some of my carts are pretty nasty; looking to put them in new shells with nice labels in English. The Neo-Store is sold out of the clear carts. Anyone know of ANYONE else making/selling MVS cart shell replacements?

Also; is there a good video on how to disassemble an MVS cart without breaking anything? My boards are pretty loose in my copy of Cyber Lip and i'd like to re-seat them. Thanks!

You can get repro cart shells on Ali Express.

You can stop boards from rattling using common household products such as caulk, hot glue and spray foam insulation.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This.

If you dont like the label, buy a different cart and sell the old one.

This is what I did when I first started buying MVS carts. Remember buying over 20 cheapo carts from Yaton back in the days. Little by little replaced almost all of them with cleaner one's or carts that had authentic cases and labels.

Last edited:

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate

We can all get out of this thread, it's been closed by Neo Alec with this comment.

A proper cleaning, you may even polish the shell a bit with car paint polisher and blow the pcbs with air and that's it. Don't fuck up originals. You've been warned.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This comment makes me want to punch you in the throat.
If this were West Korea, i'd invite you to eat a bowl of fuck.

Agreed. Who does this guy think he is? 'you've been warned' haha get the fuck out of here boss man.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Is "warned" such a strong word in this context? Didn't know that but duly noted.

Anyway, I still think that repro labels/repro shells should be avoided unless the label/shell is missing or absolutely ruined.

metouto

n00b
have had some discussions with a few users here privately. There seems to be a demand for cart shells. The AA store appears to be running low on stock of 2600 units as well.

I am in the plastics fabrication business, and was thinking of throwing my hat in the ring and making a run of shells.

I would like to hear from you all to guage interest. The three in the poll are what appear to be what are desired. This started in the 5200 thread.

If there is enough interest, I'll poll for color choices next. The idea is to keep costs down, and high quantities and basic black shells will do that.

When I get some costing put together, I'll start another poll for price point. I am not looking to make any money at this, just cover my costs and help the hobby along.

thanks

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
have had some discussions with a few users here privately. There seems to be a demand for cart shells. The AA store appears to be running low on stock of 2600 units as well.

I am in the plastics fabrication business, and was thinking of throwing my hat in the ring and making a run of shells.

I would like to hear from you all to guage interest. The three in the poll are what appear to be what are desired. This started in the 5200 thread.

If there is enough interest, I'll poll for color choices next. The idea is to keep costs down, and high quantities and basic black shells will do that.

When I get some costing put together, I'll start another poll for price point. I am not looking to make any money at this, just cover my costs and help the hobby along.

thanks
no need. stevenk is an empty shell and has the market cornered.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
@basic didn't even suggest anything!

You can stop boards from rattling using common household products such as caulk, hot glue and spray foam insulation.
Now this was some quality advices.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The boards need to have some rattle and give for the cart to make a proper connection. Without it, the boards would already need to be perfectly aligned

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

Totally first read that as cawk.

It doesn’t produce the best glue. And only a couple of teaspoons at a time.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I hear that if you go to France the streets are paved with nos cart shells and snap-lock cases.