Thread: Anyone making/selling empty cart shells?

Lazy SNK Employee

Anyone making/selling empty cart shells?

Some of my carts are pretty nasty; looking to put them in new shells with nice labels in English. The Neo-Store is sold out of the clear carts. Anyone know of ANYONE else making/selling MVS cart shell replacements?

Also; is there a good video on how to disassemble an MVS cart without breaking anything? My boards are pretty loose in my copy of Cyber Lip and i'd like to re-seat them. Thanks!
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Can’t help you with the cart shells, but dissembling an mvs cart is easy as hell especially if you don’t care about the label. I wouldn’t worry about breaking anything, just tightening up the screws might help the boards not wiggle around as much.

Edit: these aren’t exact replica shells, but serve your purposes. https://lions3.com/product/mvs-custom-game-shell/
    Last edited by heihachi; 05-17-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Lazy SNK Employee

Those look really cool actually! I love the frosted surrounds with clear centers putting the circuit boards on display as art! Great idea!

Sadly they are out of stock...AND the real deal breaker, do not fit in Shock Boxes..

Thanks for the tips on taking the carts apart.

WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

Don't replace original shells and labels with repros, no matter how bad the condition. Original is always better. This scene doesn't need more people devaluing legit games. I hate the shit out of getting a cart that has had its JP label replaced with a fake one.

Just do your best to clean them up. Get shockboxes to store them in if you can't stand the look of them.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Don't replace original shells and labels with repros, no matter how bad the condition. Original is always better. This scene doesn't need more people devaluing legit games. I hate the shit out of getting a cart that has had its JP label replaced with a fake one.

Just do your best to clean them up. Get shockboxes to store them in if you can't stand the look of them.
    This.

If you dont like the label, buy a different cart and sell the old one.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    This.

Okay good point and point taken!

Krauser's Henchman

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    Those look really cool actually! I love the frosted surrounds with clear centers putting the circuit boards on display as art! Great idea!

Sadly they are out of stock...AND the real deal breaker, do not fit in Shock Boxes..

Thanks for the tips on taking the carts apart.
    Yeah sorry. These are a pain to make. So havenít restocked. (The 2nd batch did fit shock boxes)

Original shells are best. The intent of these and any future iteration is to help people with destroyed shells. So they donít sack cheap games just for their shells.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?" -- Cave Johnson, CEO Aperture Science

-----Jamma-Nation-X MVS Price Guide ----- mjmjr25's Reference NEO-GEO Price Guide ----- NeoGeoKult Price Guides (Euro) -----

For the latest 3d printing and laser projects check Instagram: @Lions3D

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    Some of my carts are pretty nasty; looking to put them in new shells with nice labels in English. The Neo-Store is sold out of the clear carts. Anyone know of ANYONE else making/selling MVS cart shell replacements?

Also; is there a good video on how to disassemble an MVS cart without breaking anything? My boards are pretty loose in my copy of Cyber Lip and i'd like to re-seat them. Thanks!
    You can get repro cart shells on Ali Express.

You can stop boards from rattling using common household products such as caulk, hot glue and spray foam insulation.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    This.

This is what I did when I first started buying MVS carts. Remember buying over 20 cheapo carts from Yaton back in the days. Little by little replaced almost all of them with cleaner one's or carts that had authentic cases and labels.
    Last edited by RAZO; 05-18-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post

We can all get out of this thread, it's been closed by Neo Alec with this comment.

A proper cleaning, you may even polish the shell a bit with car paint polisher and blow the pcbs with air and that's it. Don't fuck up originals. You've been warned.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawwa View Post
    You've been warned.
    This comment makes me want to punch you in the throat.
    If this were West Korea, i'd invite you to eat a bowl of fuck.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Carless Walker View Post
    This comment makes me want to punch you in the throat.
    If this were West Korea, i'd invite you to eat a bowl of fuck.
    Agreed. Who does this guy think he is? 'you've been warned' haha get the fuck out of here boss man.

!!

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Hawwa View Post
    You've been warned.
    Heh... I do the warning around here mofo...

xROTx

PS. You've now.. been TOLD!

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Is "warned" such a strong word in this context? Didn't know that but duly noted.

Anyway, I still think that repro labels/repro shells should be avoided unless the label/shell is missing or absolutely ruined.

Thread Information