New Here - Introduction and Some Questions

GTO77

n00b
Hi Everyone! I'm new here, but have been dabbling in Arcade, Pinball, and just gaming in general for most of my life.

My current setup for Arcade gaming is a Sega New Net City that was modified to be straight Jamma and a (I believe) reproduction Neo Geo 4-slot.

I use my New Net City for mostly Atomiswave and PGM games and my Neo cab for Neo Geo games.

The reason why I say I think the Neo cab is a reproduction is because it is missing the Neo Geo words on the sides and the marquee holder and joystick/buttons panel appear to not be original. However, everything on the inside appears to be 100% original? (I'll post some pictures later). I have added a -5v line to that cab so that I can play some NBA Maximum Hangtime.

On the console side, I've owned most every major console at one point or another. All time favorites would have to be Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PS1, and PS2.

A few questions I'm hoping someone can help with:

[redacted]

2. My NBA Maximum Hangtime PCB seems to have issues at boot. Half the screen (left side) looks fine but right side of the picture is all garbled. Turning it off and reconnecting the JAMMA seems to help (sometimes takes 2-3 tries). After that it will play fine but will sometimes get screwed up again if the machine gets inadvertently bumped. Any ideas? Could it just be the JAMMA connector, or something else?

Thanks in advance for your help with these questions and I'll post pictures later of my collection and setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTO77

n00b
My currents wants:
Kizuna Encounter MVS cart
Atomiswave Samurai Shodown VI (original - I already have a boot and it plays like crap)
Shock Troopers MVS cart

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
this looks like a sale thread, so I will do you a favor and edit it.

also, post your technical issues to the tech forum for faster help.

GTO77

n00b
Favorite fighting game: Capcom vs SNK 2
Favorite shmup: three way tie between Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2, and Battle Garegga
Favorite RPG: Panzer Dragoon Saga

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
On the down low with a wife and two kids.:lolz:

Sure sure 'on the down low' wink wink nudge nudge.

giphy.gif

GTO77

n00b
Last night I ordered the vinyl decals for the sides of the cabinet. Will post some pictures once I put them on. There used to be a store that actually sold the stencils, but seems they no longer offer them. Anyone have any experience with the decals? Also, anyone know where I could get decals for the coin chute area?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
When it comes to decals it's important the surface is ultra clean. Detergent wash, alcohol wash, dry and apply. When applying make sure the first contact is the exact angle you want to apply it at and follow it to the end. As it's being applied use a plastic scraper to keep pressure on it and work slowly, never alter the course laid out at the start.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is not the collections forum. If you want to make a collection thread, you can post it there. I am closing this thread. Introduction over, and also, not posted in the right forum. I will have to move it too. :rolleyes: