Bitmap Books doing a book on Metal Slug franchise coming September 2019

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Awesome! This sort of thing isn't generally my cup of tea, but I love this franchise so much that I'll be happy to support this project.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't know what to think of it. The Toshikazu Tanaka interview will be a good read for sure but I don't need another gaming book collecting dust on the shelf. Cross my heart, how often do you read that kinda books :/

I thumb through Neo-Geo A History a good bit and like seeing it on my shelf, so I'll probably pick this up as a companion piece. I feel like both are awesome additions to my neo collection. Like, if I ever had to sell my carts, having a complete Metal Slug mvs set + the Metal Slug book seems like a good way to go :D

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Very nice.
Is the book designed by SNK and just translated, or are some people from here again involved in the creation?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Very nice.
Is the book designed by SNK and just translated, or are some people from here again involved in the creation?
'SNK has offered unprecedented access to its vast archives of concept artwork and illustrations, some of which is being made publically available for the first time. The book also contains 11 exclusive and incredibly detailed interviews with key members of the development team such as Kazuma Kujo and Toshikazu Tanaka. These insightful discussions bust myths and reveal the real truth behind the creation and evolution of this esteemed franchise.'

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I don't know what to think of it. The Toshikazu Tanaka interview will be a good read for sure but I don't need another gaming book collecting dust on the shelf. Cross my heart, how often do you read that kinda books :/
This is kind of how I'm feeling as well. I love the collection of art and information, but I honestly don't want another large book that never gets looked at. Maybe if the price is right.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Looks cool. I’m in, but sort of agree with sentiment about having too many art books.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
This looks awesome, I’m totally in. Even though my art book collection is getting crazy as well. I love everything they have put out.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Very nice.

@Turmasta, Massi and I have had some input into the book. Sorry we can't share any spoilers but the content and execution is first rate and i'd highly recommend pre-ordering in July.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Cool news. What I would really like is the Geeks-line Neo Geo book in english language, though...

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
@Turmasta, Massi and I have had some input into the book. Sorry we can't share any spoilers but the content and execution is first rate and i'd highly recommend pre-ordering in July.

Thanks! :buttrock:
As a Metal Slug fanboy I'll have to buy it anyway. :D

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So does this include ALL Metal Slug games, or is it Neo Geo games only? How many pages are dedicated to Metal Slug Defense and Metal Slug Infinity?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So does this include ALL Metal Slug games, or is it Neo Geo games only? How many pages are dedicated to Metal Slug Defense and Metal Slug Infinity?
Defense and Attack, whatever. But I hope they have dedicated ZERO pages to Infinity. That game is like an abomination had an abortion. The graphic style of Infinity is a slap in the face followed by a kick in the ghoulies to any of the wizards and artists who worked on any of the real games, not to mention the fans. It's like, what if Metal Slug was a cheap looking flash game a community college student created for a class project in under one week. Metal Slug Infinity!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I'm sure 95% of this book is MS1-6, with a few pages dedicated to the shitty mobile games. As much as I love Metal Slug I think I am done with art book collecting.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I'm sure 95% of this book is MS1-6, with a few pages dedicated to the shitty mobile games. As much as I love Metal Slug I think I am done with art book collecting.

I’d be fine with that. I wouldn’t some Metal Slug NGP/GBA/7/XX either, but much less pages than the “main” ones. I’d prefer the mobile stuff not be in there.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder

Apparently SNK is planning to do a new entry in the series, so even if all entries in the series up to date are covered it will still probably miss the new game.
Based on that and their previous work I'm guessing it will mainly focus on the MVS/AES entires and probably a bit of 6 and 7 with a bit of NGP on the side (maybe a page to 3d PS2 game too, who knows)

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
123►Genei-Jin;4367883 said:
Apparently SNK is planning to do a new entry in the series, so even if all entries in the series up to date are covered it will still probably miss the new game.
Based on that and their previous work I'm guessing it will mainly focus on the MVS/AES entires and probably a bit of 6 and 7 with a bit of NGP on the side (maybe a page to 3d PS2 game too, who knows)

Wasn't there also a ton of garbage mobile games?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
123►Genei-Jin;4367883 said:

Maybe it's for the better?