Metal Slug 1 us, current price?

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Can't wait to raid AES collector's home with my shiny gold AK-47.

ak47.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yeah, as a collector, I'm a practical man: my gaming room is my panic room at the same time -- win/win.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
$25k-30k, this is common knowledge.

I would think this is pretty close if not even low. I could be wrong, but I though a JP one sold on yahoojapan a few years back for around this price.

Me personally if I had to guess, I would say $35,000 to $45,000.

There's a lot of desperate old dudes out there with way too much money to blow, that have probably been saving for years to obtain this game, and will spend "whatever" just to get it and complete their collection.

Someone would probably get a private loan just to get it at this point.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I would think this is pretty close if not even low. I could be wrong, but I though a JP one sold on yahoojapan a few years back for around this price.

Me personally if I had to guess, I would say $35,000 to $45,000.

There's a lot of desperate old dudes out there with way too much money to blow, that have probably been saving for years to obtain this game, and will spend "whatever" just to get it and complete their collection.

Someone would probably get a private loan just to get it at this point.

If I am not mistaken one sold on Yahoo Auctions (which I check daily and use often as I live here) for about 1.4 mil or 1.5 mil yen late last year. Seller posted PCB pics on listing. Yahoo auctions only lets you check 120 days worth of past listings and unfortunately I can't find the listing now.

For what it's worth Pulstar can be had easily between 250k - 300k yen and Blazing Star from 400k - 500k yen. A very nice Ninja Commando just went the other day for 120k yen which seems high. You can get decent deals on Mericari if you catch them fast enough.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Is Mericari open to proxies and foreigners now?

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I know a guy who sold his Metal Slug AES JPN mint copy two weeks ago for 12k.
Same goes for Big Tournament Golf.

For US x3 sounds pretty high for me. Anyhow I'm glad I didn't take the US lead.

There's currently an auction on eBay for a set of 133 MVS carts. These seem to be increasing as well, some higher than their counterparts in AES. I wouldn't spend that much money on a MVS cart, just thinking how many hours have these been plugged and played...

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I wish we could have year 2002 AES prices again.

Personally I'll take the 2019 everdrives for a fraction of the price of an AES boot any time. (The gaming experience is "real" and sniffing at the manual, afraid that $8000 of my investment will fall apart when I look at it too hard isn't my cup of tea)

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I know a guy who sold his Metal Slug AES JPN mint copy two weeks ago for 12k.
Same goes for Big Tournament Golf.

I've been thinking about selling my AES slugs. My MS1 has a decent amount of sunfade though.