Metal Slug 1 us, current price?

Ochi

n00b
Hey guys,

I'm searching the Net for the current price for the us Version of Metal Slug 1.

Do you have a link to an auction where one of these has actually been sold in the last years?

Thanks in advance

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
All you will ever hear is about "private" auctions. So basically all you'll hear is lies.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
All you will ever hear is about "private" auctions. So basically all you'll hear is lies.

Yeah, there's honestly no telling, all the Slug deals are backdoor deals where the seller is trying to extort as much money as possible. And then the cart is probably fake anyway.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hey guys,

I'm searching the Net for the current price for the us Version of Metal Slug 1.

Do you have a link to an auction where one of these has actually been sold in the last years?

Thanks in advance

Maybe something Kyokugen Star can tell us?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There was a Metal Slug 1 sold in West Korea recently, private sale of course but you'll have to dock here to find out more.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I’m gonna guess $7,000-$9,000

I'd say higher, possibly much higher. Hell an aes Pulstar just sold here on the forums for $4500. And a U.S. Slug 2 just sold for $6700.

There's no way to reliably price a U.S. Slug 1.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Im curious if high end homecarts will end up on heritage auctions eventually

Seeing as loose snes metroid carts get listed on Heritage Auctions, probably. Heritage rakes you over the coals on the buyers fees/taxes though.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
A US copy in Singapore sold recently to a buyer in Europe (Italy I believe). The seller told me the price was $30,000.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The whole “video games aren’t investments” argument isn’t holding as strong these days when you hear of sale figures in that realm.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
A US copy in Singapore sold recently to a buyer in Europe (Italy I believe). The seller told me the price was $30,000.

Right, and of course we should believe all the high end collectors that own these items. They have no reason at all to inflate game prices and are 100% trustworthy arbiters of value.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Right, and of course we should believe all the high end collectors that own these items. They have no reason at all to inflate game prices and are 100% trustworthy arbiters of value.

Especially the triforce of the euro collecting countries. And if someone is reading this and you have to ask who these are you prolly shouldn't be on this site.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,

Insanity, that's almost clearing what Euro Kizuna carts used to sell for. Lord knows what a Euro Kizuna today would go for if one surfaced...

I wish we could have year 2002 AES prices again. There were a few gems like Metal Slug you'd have to save quite a bit for, but everything was at least obtainable if you wanted it enough and found it for sale. Now the AES scene is pretty much impossible to enter if you didn't start building your collection way back unless you're only after some of the older titles or incredibly rich plus aren't terrified of buying a boot (I'd never want to crack a case open of a $6,000+ game with the AES screwless cart design). Also, I would actually play a $1,000-2,000 game on a system, not so sure about a $30,000 one... lol

Grats on building your massive collection before all that!

I see the same inflation happening with MVS kits now, at a much slower pace however. Most kits seem to be a lot harder to find than their AES counterparts too(JP AES), especially the older titles... You have to just sit there and wait for the random eBay or forum lottery to produce one of something you want; but they are still a lot cheaper when you do locate them! Funny how that works.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
That is actually true. A friend of mine was in a business trip trip in Singapore and he met the shop owner that sold that cart. A very cool mid 60 year old geezer.

needless to say, he has an incredibly high ammount of high end collectibles and rare games at his shop. gotta love them Wondermegas!

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
A lot of the common carts are selling for 4x their price from 2 years ago. I shudder to think what happened to the high end stuff (US titles espesially).

Leback

Stakes Winner
Will be interesting to see how AES prices go when the global economic boom that's been going on for quite som time turns into a recession.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Will be interesting to see how AES prices go when the global economic boom that's been going on for quite som time turns into a recession.

I doubt it, a recession doesn't shuffle and deal out cards anew, only a war does.