Weekly Roundup May 6

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Greg be slippin

I beat Chrono Trigger for the first time, did all sidequests, whatever. I should have beat it when I was 14 instead. It didn't give me the feels like it should have.

Why is Magus so popular? Easily the biggest retard in the game. Abasuto was right to kill him every time he played through it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS4
Doom - beat the main campaign and it's fantastic.

PS1
Final Fantasy IX - started this one this week and it's as good as I remember. About to finish Disc 1

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Playing some 3D fighters

Switch
Tetris 99

PS3
Virtua Fighter 5 final showdown
Fighting Vipers

PS4
Soulcalibur 6

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Switch

Labo VR - for $40 dollars for the base kit, I couldn't resist the budget VR kit for the Switch.
Battle Princess Madelyn

PC

Micro Mages - Backed this on KS last year, just came out. Fun game.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
@LoneSage: I don't know why Magus was so popular either, maybe cuz he looks like Vegeta? I haven't played that game since the 90s, but, I don't recall using him much.

Nintendo 2DS
- Code of Princess
Stuck on a kunai-wielding ninja boss that keeps beating me. I've got Solange at Level 20, but, I suppose I'm going to have to grind some more to make her stronger and/or find/buy some better equipment.
- The Legend of Legacy
Making slow but steady progress. I've completed and sold several 100% maps, opened up several new areas, improved my characters, acquired some good weapons/armor from sending the town's trading ship out to sea, and beat some more bosses.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
1,770 badges; 20 complete sets.
- Pokemon Picross
86 Pokemon captured and I opened up the 13th area yesterday. Grind for money for 1-2 weeks, play and complete most of the new puzzles that I unlock in less than a day, rinse and repeat. Time well spent, right?
- Pokemon Rumble World
77th rank with 696 Pokemon caught (2 ranks and 23 Pokemon left to go). I only have the $120 balloon left to buy now (I've got $39 as of this morning).
- Pokemon Shuffle
23rd rank, 377 stages cleared, 691 Pokemon caught. Stuck on the Trapinch stage in the main mode.
- Super Monkey Ball 3D
Completed the main mode (got the credits), which unlocked a final 8th world. Amusingly, even though I choose to use the circle pad to control my primate-in-a-hamster-ball, I STILL find myself tilting my 2DS while I'm playing as though I'm using the gyroscope method--it must be a psychological thing.
- Swapdoodle
- TMNT: Master Splinter's Training Pack
Almost done with Danger of the Ooze. I'm at 99.9% map completion, and I've reached Shredder, but, he keeps beating all four of my turtles' asses.

Android Tablet
- Absolute Bingo
This game is tits. I've never been a bingo player in real life (I did call bingo at the local senior center for about a year though, long ago, and, man, having a room full of old ladies and guys get pissed at you when you fuck up is a lot scarier than it sounds), but, I love this game.
- Candy Crush Saga
- Fruit Ninja

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: Dark Souls 3 NG++
Completed the main game last night for the third ending, and managed to keep Yuria alive during the fight so I got her armour set and Darkdrift. Kind of on the fence whether I'll bother with the DLC third time round, I think I'm done with this game.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Tetris 99 - Pretty bare-bones stripped down version of Tetris. Nice music, plays well. Kinda like that 1 vs 99 or whatever gameshow on Xbox 360 awhile back. I enjoy it.
Tales of Vesperia
Capcom Beat em Up Collection - Turned it on for a few minutes and played online. Pretty laggy. Still a great addition to the switch.

Nice to see you taking the reigns, Sage and gaming a bit.

I think the reason people like Magus is because he's a powerful dark guy villian..

I've been MIA the past few weeks because I've been in the hospital. I fell down the stairs in my house on the concrete and sprained my ankle (thank God it wasn't a break), and bruised my knees and elbows. Good thing I didn't hit my head. I've also been under a tremendous amount of stress lately because of some life changes.

Last edited:

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Switch
Katamari Damacy Reroll

Will get online soon to play Tetris 99, I need $0.27 more to purchase on my account.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Playing some 3D fighters

PS3
Virtua Fighter 5 final showdown

Final Showdown is so good.
I recently picked it back up and I stand by my earlier statements that it's 3D 3rd strike.

I'm still bad tho

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Katamari Damacy Reroll

Will get online soon to play Tetris 99, I need $0.27 more to purchase on my account.

I played this and wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. The graphics and sound are good, but the controls don't seem as tight as the PS2 original. Game seems more difficult to me, or is it because of my old age lol.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sorry you took a spill, GregN, and I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. I hope you get a respite from the stresses in your life as well.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Sorry you took a spill, GregN, and I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. I hope you get a respite from the stresses in your life as well.

Thank you. I see the Dr. on Mon. he'll determine when I can get back to work.