I'm scanning my collection of Neo Geo Freak and Gamest magazines

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Many thanks to OP. I'm seeing more getting scanned and uploaded, although slowly.

Looking forward to Issue(s) 8-20, those will be the best (games released in 1996-1997).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Many thanks to OP. I'm seeing more getting scanned and uploaded, although slowly.

Looking forward to Issue(s) 8-20, those will be the best (games released in 1996-1997).

Feel free to donate to his patreon, money is quite the motivator.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
yeah, I'll likely increase my patreon donation soon, he's doing a great job!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Doing the arcade lords work on these scans! Thanks!

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Wow that's insanely cool. What a great service to the community.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Video Game Animation Study recently did a video on Metal Slug 001's animation. Knowing that it was the original main character, it makes sense the animation was so good (even relative to other already beautiful artwork in the game). I spoke with a buddy about this, and he thought it would have been cool if you were the tank, but after you got your armor busted you'd just out as a guy - a la Speed Rumbler, Blaster Master, Boogie Wings, etc.

I'm curious to revisit Slug and see what ideas may have been added after the decision was made to play as a human instead of a tank - how that changed the level design. Even decisions like whether to have diagonal shooting may have been influenced by whatever feeling they were anchored to with the original tank game.

^Would be an awesome proto to unearth.

The aforementioned animation video:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thank you for digitally preserving Gamest and helping an important piece of arcade gaming history from being lost to time. Do you have Gamest issues that feature in-depth coverage of Garou Densetsu (Fatal Fury) 1 & 2? I'd love to see the coverage Gamest gave those games when they launched. I used to have a Gamest issue with Kyo and Iori on a black background that I think had lots of nice pics of Garou Densetsu 3 with even a mini magazine inside with even more coverage of GD3. Do you know about this one?