Hyper Neo Geo 64 Beast Busters - help identify a connector - updated!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
from left to right ; 21 pin YL, 4 pin VL, 15 pin YL, 12 pin YL, 9 pin YL.

Connectors should be here today so I will confirm they fit :)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Awesome I love to see non destructive mods come to fruition. Fingers crossed they fit!

Edit: Hey I think I found the correct pins this time and they're in stock. Same website as before: https://www.smallcab.net/female-male-connector-p-1913.html

They fit. Well the VL didn’t but that’s because digikey sent me the wrong part. I ordered a 4 position, 2 row JST VL connector, but they shipped a 4 position, 1 row connector. Same size male housings just wrong config. Once I get them to replace the part it’s good to go (well after a ton of work and fingers crossed the board is working)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
But I’ve got my JAMMA fingerboard, wires, 4 out of 5 connectors, and VR pins. (well I purchased lead wires that have male and female. Just need to trim one end and thread it through fingerboard. Unfortunately they came as 14 AWG so I may need to find VL pins too)

Still need that last VL connector, and the female YL pins.

From there I’ll build the DB15 harness (if the board works with power and video lines inserted on the JAMMA edge

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Did you see my previous post? Those are the female YL pins. They word it strangely but it's the female pins that go into the male housing

I've also changed as many wikis as I could to reflect the more accurate JST YL/VL connectors that are used. Thank you for your contribution to this awbacon!

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Did you see my previous post? Those are the female YL pins. They word it strangely but it's the female pins that go into the male housing

I've also changed as many wikis as I could to reflect the more accurate JST YL/VL connectors that are used. Thank you for your contribution to this awbacon!

Np. I’ve got the female pins on order. So should be good to start work sometime late this week / early next

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Stage 2 connector ID time

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/3RzKPbH

All one position connectors. Pin pitch is 2.66mm (so probably 2.65)

If anyone knows what these are lmk. Otherwise I’ll search via Digikey and see what I can find.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Also this bad boy. 15.79mm wise, four pins, one row..pin pitch is 3.75mm

7DF13D8C-4295-4374-BD3C-A24E8C9F7D64.jpeg7DF13D8C-4295-4374-BD3C-A24E8C9F7D64.jpeg

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Well they look more like the JST connectors I'm familiar with. I'll look some more tonight.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
thats ezqctly what i bought except i got two 13 pin connectors and thought id shave it to fit. I might pick the one you linked up thoigh!

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Awesome man as always keep us posted on what does and doesn't work. I'm getting such a vicarious rush with this project lol

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
thats ezqctly what i bought except i got two 13 pin connectors and thought id shave it to fit. I might pick the one you linked up thoigh!

Actually I would try the 12 pin just in case so when someone else stumbles upon your guide they can have an accurate BOM with hopefully little to no shaving of parts required

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Actually I would try the 12 pin just in case so when someone else stumbles upon your guide they can have an accurate BOM with hopefully little to no shaving of parts required

I found the 12 position connnector in stock. It's on its way. All the other connectors fit correctly so thats a confirmation on those parts

All I need is the JST VLP-04V male housing. Out of stock on DigiKey / Mouser. I've found it from the UK but it costs 13 pounds to ship lolol

If you see one lmk...last piece of the puzzle till I can 100% convert Beast Busters 64 to JAMMA w/ 100% off the shelf parts