Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Neo Turf Masters No Insertion Marks

  1. #1
    Lazy SNK Employee
    Rick Dangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont

    Posts
    57

    Neo Turf Masters No Insertion Marks

    Looks "too new" to be true.

    Want this game bad; love it; but would like the real deal if i'm going to spend $80-$120.

    Thanks for your opinions!

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-MVS...frcectupt=true
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

    WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

  2. #2
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    snes_collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Virginia

    Posts
    797
    Always ask for board pics, you will never know for sure unless you can see the chips

  3. #3
    Crazed MVS Addict
    neofonta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rubi (sPAIN)

    Posts
    130
    To me it looks legit.

    In the following pic you can see some minor insertion marks.

    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Y1YAA...w7/s-l1600.jpg

  4. #4
    Cholecystectomy Required.
    ggallegos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milford, CT

    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Always ask for board pics, you will never know for sure unless you can see the chips
    This. Without board pics you're shooting a gamble, although it looks like a well cared for cart
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

  5. #5
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,665
    My gut says real cart, but you never really know without board pics. Back when I was MVS collecting sometimes I'd take a gamble if the price was really good, sometimes it worked out sometimes it didn't.

    *edit*

    that said, the seller seems to be a collector, and any collector knows that a good buyer is going to ask for board pics, and if he refuses to show any then it's highly suspect.
    Last edited by GohanX; 04-26-2019 at 05:02 PM.

  6. #6
    "Hey, are we done here?...
    Cause I'm losing my buzz!"
    Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    Looks "too new" to be true.

    Want this game bad; love it; but would like the real deal if i'm going to spend $80-$120.

    Thanks for your opinions!

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-MVS...frcectupt=true

    I'll do you one better as it looks like you are just getting started with carts.
    I've got a bunch of common carts, including Neo Turf Masters if you'd be interested?

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  7. #7
    Lazy SNK Employee
    Rick Dangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont

    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    I'll do you one better as it looks like you are just getting started with carts.
    I've got a bunch of common carts, including Neo Turf Masters if you'd be interested?
    Yes please!!
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

    WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

  8. #8
    "Hey, are we done here?...
    Cause I'm losing my buzz!"
    Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    Yes please!!
    Sounds good, what's your email, I'll send you my list of titles.

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  9. #9
    Crazed MVS Addict
    neofonta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rubi (sPAIN)

    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    Sounds good, what's your email, I'll send you my list of titles.
    Just a tip, if you share your list on the thread maybe someone else could be interested

  10. #10
    Lazy SNK Employee
    Rick Dangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont

    Posts
    57
    F_valenta@hotmail.com

    Just give me first dibs that's all I ask!
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

    WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

  11. #11
    Leona's Therapist
    MCF 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Danville, IL

    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Always ask for board pics, you will never know for sure unless you can see the chips
    This, then go to MVS scans and reference the pics. https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page

    4 screws takes 5 seconds to open, I just wish people wouldn't fuck the damn labels up. You don't half to open the shell all the way on its back to get the guide & two pcb out.
    For The best CMVS, Superguns, repair work & adapters / parts hit up:
    Xian Xi/ James
    JNX site: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/store.html

    MVS scans:
    https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page

  12. #12
    "Hey, are we done here?...
    Cause I'm losing my buzz!"
    Jag-Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    F_valenta@hotmail.com

    Just give me first dibs that's all I ask!
    Email sent

    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    People in the Northern Midwest seem to love Jag, especially in Wisconsin. There's a funny Lewis Black bit about the drinking habits of people in Wisconsin where he brings up the love of Jag --I think I caught it on YouTube.

  13. #13
    Lazy SNK Employee
    Rick Dangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont

    Posts
    57
    I am buying some MVS carts from some members to get me started. Thanks to all for the input!
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

    WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

  14. #14
    Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL

    Posts
    5,551
    My opinion is anyone talking about insertion marks is a fagit.

    As for the game linked in the OP being legit, the label is real so unless some nefarious character is swapping boards of cheap games with other cheap games that have been converted for no fucking reason, I would say you're pretty safe. So sleep well at night, maybe you will wake up with some common sense.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

    I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

    Thanks a lot.

  15. #15
    Lazy SNK Employee
    Rick Dangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont

    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    My opinion is anyone talking about insertion marks is a fagit.

    As for the game linked in the OP being legit, the label is real so unless some nefarious character is swapping boards of cheap games with other cheap games that have been converted for no fucking reason, I would say you're pretty safe. So sleep well at night, maybe you will wake up with some common sense.
    This is the second time i have noticed the use of the term "fagit" since joining the site a week or two back. I mean i know its the internet but it this really the expectation for decorum around here?
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

    WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

  16. #16
    Windjammers Wonder
    dspoonrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio

    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    This is the second time i have noticed the use of the term "fagit" since joining the site a week or two back. I mean i know its the internet but it this really the expectation for decorum around here?
    Tip of the iceberg, my friend.
    Wanted MVS carts:

    Alpha Mission 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Sengoku 2

  17. #17
    Worlds Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Val Verde

    Posts
    19,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    This is the second time i have noticed the use of the term "fagit" since joining the site a week or two back. I mean i know its the internet but it this really the expectation for decorum around here?
    I can teach you but I have to charge


  18. #18
    Lazy SNK Employee
    Rick Dangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont

    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by dspoonrt View Post
    Tip of the iceberg, my friend.
    Haha i'm just kidding; i'm a big boy i can handle it.

    I have found that the rarer and quirkier the system; the rarer and quirkier the individuals who play it, collect it, and obsess over it. And I come from the Atari Jaguar world so I know what that's ALL about...lol
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

    WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

  19. #19
    Crazed MVS Addict
    Catoblepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    I am buying some MVS carts from some members to get me started. Thanks to all for the input!
    I've sent you an email (from my libero.it mail account), I have some loose carts on your signature's "wanted list" if you're still lookin' for them. Later!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •