Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone manufactured Neo Geo controllers recently?

Has anyone manufactured Neo Geo controllers recently?

First off---I DID use the search feature; and didn't see anything related; so don't flog me too hard.

I am new to the Neo Geo scene so forgive me asking; have there been any new Neo Geo controllers made in a while?

Looks like both the pads and sticks are pretty pricey used these days. Anything on the horizon in that regard?

It got so bad with Jaguar that a new run of pro controllers were manufactured recently (granted the original are still pretty cheap.)

I'm not a stickler for OEM; if anyone is making a nice pad/stick that is compatible with the Neo Geo MVS/AES/CD i'd like to know about it.

Thanks!
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

Ninja Combat Warrior

Just make your own like I did.

Sorry dont pics of the actual stick on its own but you get the idea.

NG.com Tattoo Artist.

A lot of people make them, very easy to do actually. Look for a good neo geo supergun stick. If you are talking cd controller or bean controller, the answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

NICE. Who makes them? Anyone got a link? I'd rather buy something nice and new that some of the heavily used and abused kidney bean sticks i'm seeing on fleabay.

Also--dumb newb question--all the controllers are interchangeable right? AES/MVS/CD, all controllers would work on each system?

WTB MVS Loose Carts: Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

hi there im in the process of making custom controllers.but its gonna be a few months before im ready.

Quote Originally Posted by nemozero View Post
    hi there im in the process of making custom controllers.but its gonna be a few months before im ready.
    Sweet. Put me on the list!

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

I'm surprised 8bitdo havnt made one yet, they seem to make them for every other system. To the OP, perhaps look into getting a nice stick for the PS3/PS4 and you can get a converter to Neo Geo.

Just buy one of these and you can use anything made for PS1/PS2:

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.p...products_id=50

Ninja Combat Warrior

Has anyone manufactured Neo Geo controllers recently?

Best thing about making your own is you can make it how you like it.

Type of stick/buttons, Button placement etc.

Here is the build link to my sticks:
    Operation Neo Sticks.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
    Last edited by titchgamer; 04-26-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Just buy one of these and you can use anything made for PS1/PS2:

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.p...products_id=50
    Ah!! Very cool option; thanks guys!

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Or the Brook Adaptors for anything PS3/PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

Leona's Therapist

+1 for building your own. I recently bought two new Neo X sticks to completely gut out and put in Seimitsu parts in both. At least they are good for something.
    For The best CMVS, Superguns, repair work & adapters / parts hit up:
    Xian Xi/ James
    JNX site: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/store.html

MVS scans:
    https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page

will post some pics soon see what everyone thinks

NEST Puppet

As most people have already said. A great option is to build your own from scratch or convert your own from an existing stick. I was able to add a Neo plug to two extra Matcatz TE sticks I had around and they work great. I do have AES old style sticks and bean sticks. They are great but they do have to their limits.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

This is unrelated, Titch you know you can reverse the pcb's in the NeoSD case so that the front is facing forward?

!!

If you want the Stick look like the original ones, buy neo geo x Board and replace the cable. Very easy mod.

Even though I was lucky enough to get two Neo Geo sticks when I purchased my AES, Iíve still been using alternate controllers on my unit.

For one, I have a Brook PS3/PS4 to Neo Geo adapter so I can use my favourite custom fightstick with it. The default button layout is slightly different, but you can customize it. My only complaint, when you customize the layout, the configurations are reset once the console is powered down.

Iíve also purchased a R2tronik Genesis/Mega Drive to Neo Geo adapter on eBay so I could use a Sega 6-button controller (Their d-pad is unmatched in my opinion). I recently switched over to an 8bitdo M30 2.4ghz pad (which replicates that d-pad to near perfection) so I can enjoy Neo Geo with modern conveniences. However, if you want to use this adapter on an AES, you will need to modify a controller extension cable so it can fit into the db15 connector port as it wonít insert firmly in the AES controller port.

So there are my Neo Geo controller alternatives. Hard to beat the original options, but you have choices.

NAM-75 Vet

This may be heresy, but I want a dpad controller.

Sieger's Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    NICE. Who makes them? Anyone got a link? I'd rather buy something nice and new that some of the heavily used and abused kidney bean sticks i'm seeing on fleabay.

Also--dumb newb question--all the controllers are interchangeable right? AES/MVS/CD, all controllers would work on each system?
    Yes that’s correct, all work on all systems.
    Fight war not wars.

Ninja Combat Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    This is unrelated, Titch you know you can reverse the pcb's in the NeoSD case so that the front is facing forward?
    I had never really considered it until you mentioned it mate!

Cheers

Geese's Thug

Definitely try to build your own. You’ll learn some good stuff during the process and you can do the button layout to your liking. There’s plenty of threads around here with lots of good info, and if you get stuck or need ideas there are plenty of people here who can prob give you some good advice. Check this thread out, it helped me out a ton when i did mine a couple of years ago.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...k+to+play+with

Leona's Therapist

I forgot about that thread, good stuff in there. Blake did you ever sell those sticks you built? I always really like them you did a killer job on them. I wish I had kept the one's I built in that thread also. Those enclosures we used were the best one's I have ever seen for sticks.
    Xian Xi/ James

MVS scans:

Geese's Thug

Hey Marty, I haven’t sold them yet. I wanted to sell them as a bundle with a really nice CMVS but I haven’t been able to make up my mind about it. I typed up a listing and took pics but never posted it lol. I think part of the reason is because I built them myself. Those enclosures are awesome to work with. I think this is the link to the case we used:

https://www.okwenclosures.com/en/Pla...8-bc764e20b40e

It's possible to mod NGX pads to work on regular Neos. If I had enough money I'd make new plastic Neo controllers, like the originals, but the plastic molds and silkscreening process are very, very expensive (+20'000 USD).
    Looking for info about a specific AES system? Mail id@hayde.neoteam620.com , I may have some.

Leona's Therapist

Quote Originally Posted by blakeb8111 View Post
    Hey Marty, I haven’t sold them yet. I wanted to sell them as a bundle with a really nice CMVS but I haven’t been able to make up my mind about it. I typed up a listing and took pics but never posted it lol. I think part of the reason is because I built them myself. Those enclosures are awesome to work with. I think this is the link to the case we used:

https://www.okwenclosures.com/en/Pla...8-bc764e20b40e
    Yeah I get that, only reason I sold mine was because I thought I was done with the Neo. I sold everything back in '16. Let myself get drawn back into MVS few months ago. I wanted to build something different so I got x2 Neo X sticks to gut. Got to make the PITA DB15 mounts like I did with the OKW enclosures. I just like my cord to be detachable.
    Xian Xi/ James

MVS scans:

Thread Information