Thread: Good Cheap MVS Carts

Good Cheap MVS Carts

Hello! I'm a gamer more than a collector; but I do a little of both. Given the current market; my plan is to get some good loose MVS carts and put them in nice Shock Boxes to enjoy regularly.

What are your guys recommendations for MVS games that are both good/fun to play, and won't break the bank as a loose cart: $50-$100?

And yes; i do have the 161 in 1 and will eventually (probably around xmas) get the Neo MVS SD Cart.

Maybe its a short list; but you never know; maybe some of you know of some hidden gems in this department. Thanks in advance!

Windjammers Wonder

I believe all of these MVS carts are still sub-$100:

Aero Fighters 2
    Baseball Stars 2
    Bust a Move
    KOF 98
    Metal Slug 1/2/X
    Neo Turf Masters
    Any Real Bout FF game
    Samurai Shodown 2
    Spinmaster
    Ultimate 11 (or any Super Sidekicks game)

And they're some of the best NG games.
    Wanted MVS carts:

Alpha Mission 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Sengoku 2

Thanks! This is a great start!

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Depends where you are looking, there are some great people on various arcade forums selling cheap MVS. I'd pick up a copy of the first Samurai Shodown and a Super Sidekicks game if I was on the hunt for cheap carts. Good luck!

Pleasure Goal

I’d recommend Thrash Rally too if you enjoy top-down racers. It’s a relatively cheap cart. Not much of a looker, but plentiful playability.
    Derp

I guess what I would ask next is what are your guys sources for cheap carts? Ebay seems to be a real mixed bag and on the expensive side.

Any other good online "hole in the wall" shops that have MVS loose carts for sale?

Thanks

Side note--love top down racers. Power Drive Rally on the Jaguar is one of my favorites. Really enjoying Overtop and Neo Drift Out on my Neo Geo CD so for sure will check out Thrash Rally!! Thanks
    Omega MVS w/Unibios 4.0, Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Switch

WTB MVS Loose Carts: Burning Fight, Blazing Star, Mutation Nation, Prehistoric Isle 2, Pulstar, Windjammers, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

Lazy SNK Employee

I have only started collecting but I have found that there are a load of top titles for really cheap, some of the best games on the Neo are under 50 Euro's so I would imagine there is a similar pattern in the US. One thing I learned is that if the price is too good to be true, it is a bootleg so watch out for that. Another tip, try find sellers who have more than one cart your after, that way they can be shipped together saving you money.

B
    ASS
    IC

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    I guess what I would ask next is what are your guys sources for cheap carts? Ebay seems to be a real mixed bag and on the expensive side.

Any other good online "hole in the wall" shops that have MVS loose carts for sale?

Thanks

Side note--love top down racers. Power Drive Rally on the Jaguar is one of my favorites. Really enjoying Overtop and Neo Drift Out on my Neo Geo CD so for sure will check out Thrash Rally!! Thanks
    If you have drift out, i don't think you should get thrash rally, imo.

I think Last Blade 1 is still well under 100 loose.

Why is Metal Slug 2 so cheap? Was it just produced in the highest numbers; or was it not the best game in the series?

I always recall liking it....

WTB MVS Loose Carts: Burning Fight, Blazing Star, Mutation Nation, Prehistoric Isle 2, Pulstar, Windjammers, Neo Drift Out, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 3, Last Resort, Ironclad, Robo-Army, Shock Troopers, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Iíve always enjoyed Puzzled. Is that still a cheap game? Bust A Move/Puzzle Bobble is a must, just be careful to not get a boot.

Another Striker

You can usually find Kabuki Klash for around $25-30. A pretty fun to play through. Samurai Showdown 2 and Fatal Fury Special are some other fun fighters you can get under fifty.

Stakes Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dangerous View Post
    Why is Metal Slug 2 so cheap? Was it just produced in the highest numbers; or was it not the best game in the series?

I always recall liking it....
    Metal Slug X is basically the same game but improved on some small issues 2 had which is why its so cheap. Also you should be able to find just about any of the KOF games for under $50.

B
    ASS
    IC

who are all you fagits that are responding to this thread?

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    who are all you fagits that are responding to this thread?
    The main one is you.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

www.wolfgames.com

B
    ASS
    IC

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    The main one is you.
    not cool man, not cool

Loyal Neo-Disciple

I have dealt with http://skywaypro.bravehost.com a lot in the past when I was heavy into getting MVS carts.

Good guy, he is a member of these forums and his prices (from what I remember) were fair.

All the best in your hunt!
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40830&dateline=135215  4462

How much is King of the Monsters 2?

Gandalf Of Gibberish

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    How much is King of the Monsters 2?
    people used to like slug 3 which i played on something at a kmart.
    up to VSp is -100 in ss series.

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    I don't like struggling to read shit from someone who's obviously first language is English.

Lots of MVS games can be found for less than 50$. To get them even cheaper, look for arcade operators / resellers. Some just want to get rid of their stock and don't know the real value of these games, a friend of mine purchased some months ago a semi-full kit of Puzzle Bobble 2 for 40€. Checked original.
    Looking for info about a specific AES system? Mail id@hayde.neoteam620.com , I may have some.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by defalt View Post
    Lots of MVS games can be found for less than 50$. To get them even cheaper, look for arcade operators / resellers. Some just want to get rid of their stock and don't know the real value of these games, a friend of mine purchased some months ago a semi-full kit of Puzzle Bobble 2 for 40€. Checked original.
    Got a nice haul that way, just by reading the phone number on a Daytona USA cabinet. I'll also second that comment up top about Real Bout being a real steal.

I recently picked up Windjammers for pretty cheap. One of my favorites.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Matt is good people. Miss that website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

"I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

I have 11 MVS carts heading my way from various members. Thanks guys for getting me started! Will post some pics in the "recent purchases" thread when everything is in and cased up in shock boxes. Cheers'

Thread Information