Bubble Symphony - the best game on the F3 / Saturn

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=18O1RwrIVJY

The final episode of Season 2 is on Bubble Symphony, a game I love so much I own it on the F3 board and the Saturn. I’m sure I’ll have some people suggest it’s not the best F3 game but you would be wrong lol.

So check it out, and do me a favor if you can and sub. Trying to get to 1000 now that I hit 500

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I've been trying to get a copy on the taito f3 but no dice.

I like the kiki kaikai references.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Sounds like someone hasnt played Puchi Carat yet...

Bubble Symphony is a solid game though.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Well done, awbacon! That's definitely such a fun little video game and an impressive accompanying video review. I subscribed to your YouTube channel and look forward to watching more of your well-cradted content. :)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Well done, awbacon! That's definitely such a fun little video game and an impressive accompanying video review. I subscribed to your YouTube channel and look forward to watching more of your well-cradted content. :)

Thanks. Just hit 500 subs so that's cool. Been fun to do all these!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rayforce is the best F3 game. Tatio at their finest hour. Sorry not sorry.

fucked_king

New Challenger
No argument there, Bubble Symphony is fun. The F3 has a bunch of other games I liked too, Dungeon Magic, Arabian Magic (basically any game with "magic" in the title is good on the F3) Elevator Action Returns, Recalhorn is interesting but unfinished.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
What part is BS in the Bubble Bobble series? I know Rainbow Islands is part two. RI is my fave of the lot, totally obsessed with it since the day it came out.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
What part is BS in the Bubble Bobble series? I know Rainbow Islands is part two. RI is my fave of the lot, totally obsessed with it since the day it came out.

Difficult to say because Taito is not consistent themselves with the Bubble Bobble Series.
Bubble Bobble (obviously) first, Rainbow Islands has been subtitled the Story of Bubble Bobble 2, Parasol Stars is subtitled the Story of Rainbow Islands 2, so Taito separated the Rainbow Islands series from the Bubble Bobble series.
Then came Bubble Symphony which is called in some regions Bubble Bobble 2. Last arcade game (I think) is Bubble Memories.
For home systems only there is also a Bubble Bobble part 2 for NES, several handheld games and Bubble Bobble plus/neo which is available on Wii and xbox 360.

Oh and I bow in respect for everyone who is a good Rainbow Island player. I don't arrive to master the "jump on the rainbows" technique. :)

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Difficult to say because Taito is not consistent themselves with the Bubble Bobble Series.
Bubble Bobble (obviously) first, Rainbow Islands has been subtitled the Story of Bubble Bobble 2, Parasol Stars is subtitled the Story of Rainbow Islands 2, so Taito separated the Rainbow Islands series from the Bubble Bobble series.
Then came Bubble Symphony which is called in some regions Bubble Bobble 2. Last arcade game (I think) is Bubble Memories.
For home systems only there is also a Bubble Bobble part 2 for NES, several handheld games and Bubble Bobble plus/neo which is available on Wii and xbox 360.

Oh and I bow in respect for everyone who is a good Rainbow Island player. I don't arrive to master the "jump on the rainbows" technique. :)

Oi J, long time no see/speak. Maybe you wanna come around one of these days to see the new Tak castle. :)

I can reach the last island in RI on one credit but then usually die several times in a row, really tricky. The endboss is easy if you have the angel wings but that requires an almost flawless performance in the level.

Parasol Stars is great as well, only have it on Atari ST, tho, scrolling isn't that smooth but otherwise it's a more or less accurate arcade port.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

The order of the games is so weird.

Bubble Memories, if I remember correctly, comes before Symphony chronologically storyline wise, but was released after.

It's not like it matters much though...the story is barely existent lol

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Oi J, long time no see/speak. Maybe you wanna come around one of these days to see the new Tak castle. :)

I can reach the last island in RI on one credit but then usually die several times in a row, really tricky. The endboss is easy if you have the angel wings but that requires an almost flawless performance in the level.

Parasol Stars is great as well, only have it on Atari ST, tho, scrolling isn't that smooth but otherwise it's a more or less accurate arcade port.

Great idea. I'd be honored to follow your invitation. Just tell me when. :)

Had the chance to buy an original RI PCB but for 600 EUR I had to pass, since I bought couple of other shit around the same time.
You don't have a PC-Engine or Amiga anymore, right? Best version of Parasol Stars is the PC Engine version, Amiga very close. I don't know the Atari ST version, but I would gladly see it on your ST. I heard that the ST could do some really good stuff if programmed right.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
The order of the games is so weird.

Bubble Memories, if I remember correctly, comes before Symphony chronologically storyline wise, but was released after.

It's not like it matters much though...the story is barely existent lol

:) Interesting fact, I didn't know that.
But like you said, the story never was a strongpoint of Bubble Bobble. It's a game with bubble blowing dragons/dinos.... who gives a shit about a believable story in such a game? :D ;)