The Pulstar soundtrack will be getting a Vinyl & CD release soon

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
all these random soundtracks coming out and still no Armed Police Batrider or NES Double Dragon

fuck this world, I've had enough

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, this one deserves a proper release. Shame it hasn't happened yet.

I'm holding out some hope for it one day. Battle Garegga got a CD release (with the PS4 release), so maybe we'll see it one day.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Question... am I the only one who has problems with Bravewave's site? I can get to the store thankfully, but www.bravewave.net always gives me 404 errors.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I had no idea about these releases; pretty cool. I just bought the digital soundtrack from Street Fighter II, will probably do the same with Pulstar.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
While this is a neat thing that's been happening over the years, I'm not really a fan of Vinyl. I'd rather get a proper CD release instead of something so easily breakable.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
What's gonna be the difference to the original CD release?

or just the same at a rather cheaper price tag?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I dont get the hype for all these damn ost releases. You can just pop a neocd into a cd player and listen and you can play the game too.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You guys are late. I ordered a signed LP within the first 5 mins. You guys don't like Pulstar enough.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Why would I care for the US store? And you guys are late btw. The EU store will have the LP in stock by the end of July already ;)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wonder if they literally just recorded the cartridge music. That seems lazy, pointless and ignorant to me when the NGCD version exists. But they're cashing in on nostalgia, so it makes no difference.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Great news!One of the best soundtracks!Intro music is awesome!

GamingCult

n00b
I got a copy of the signed LP. And based on the description on the product page:
This re-release features both the Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo CD versions of the PULSTAR soundtrack, giving fans a choice of which arrangements to listen to.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm very pleased by this. If a Blazing Star OST happens I'll drop my cash on that too.~

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Didn't buy the vinyl but got the Demons Crest, Bionic Commando and NGPC shirts. Never heard of Fangamer before but they make damn nice stuff.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Sweet. What's the difference between the "Original Version" and the "Neo Geo CD Version"? Just lower sampling rate?

I'm kind of warming up to the level of 'indifferent' on the idea that someone might want to listen to it in low-fi, the way it sounds in the game.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Well, far from clearly being "original" (in terms of preservation appeal) the difference is being mono, with a little noise/swish and generally more collapsed/overlapping (and few seconds shorter)... the NGCD stereo version is indeed a rearranged, wider improvement, but still great tracks in both versions.

I can provide a sample if not against the rules.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Well, far from clearly being "original" (in terms of preservation appeal) the difference is being mono, with a little noise/swish and generally more collapsed/overlapping (and few seconds shorter)... the NGCD stereo version is indeed a rearranged, wider improvement, but still great tracks in both versions.

I can provide a sample if not against the rules.
Well, if it's the same as in the game, there's no need. Thanks though.