Power Instinct Matrimelee

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I couldn’t get through a season on rare or obscure games and not toss Matrimelee in there! Definitely
My hands down favorite fighter on the AES. Maybe not the best technically, but personality wise I love it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SLWTbd_35EY

Figured you guys would enjoy it here. Just a gameplay and history vid of the game and the PI series

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Of course I'm gonna upvote your video, but dammit this one hurts cuz my stupid ass traded my AES copy for a fucking Nintendo DS and 100 bucks in gamestop gift cards.
Bah!!!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I love the power instinct series. Any game after 1 is pretty much a homage/making fun of fighting games. You can see this in the overly complex inputs for certain special attacks that make the pretzel input look small time. Or the character win screen with the loser having drawings/make up on him.Even getting in on some tag team action in Power Instincts Legends.

I always felt power instincts 2/Legends is the best in the series. Only problem I have with those is the slowdown since it is based on cave hardware. Legends aka power instinct 3 ost is censored much like the EU/USA version of matrimelee. Just instrumental versions.

Power instincts 2 US is not though except one song "Give me Money" where they censor jesus christ afaik.

I think your estimate on the price of an aes copy are pretty high though. JP version regularly goes for easily under $1000.

In any case easy way to fight princess sissy is to roll past her and hit her. She will whiff her attack and you can just keep looping.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Lol may have been a high price quote but in the series I give eBay values since I can’t / don’t expect everyone watching is on these forums paying normal values.

The newest Power Instinct on the Taito Type X board is great too. A bit of a pain getting it to run on PC but it’s worth checking out. Wish it would get a console release with netplay

I love the power instinct series. Any game after 1 is pretty much a homage/making fun of fighting games. You can see this in the overly complex inputs for certain special attacks that make the pretzel input look small time. Or the character win screen with the loser having drawings/make up on him.Even getting in on some tag team action in Power Instincts Legends.

I always felt power instincts 2/Legends is the best in the series. Only problem I have with those is the slowdown since it is based on cave hardware. Legends aka power instinct 3 ost is censored much like the EU/USA version of matrimelee. Just instrumental versions.

Power instincts 2 US is not though except one song "Give me Money" where they censor jesus christ afaik.

I think your estimate on the price of an aes copy are pretty high though. JP version regularly goes for easily under $1000.

In any case easy way to fight princess sissy is to roll past her and hit her. She will whiff her attack and you can just keep looping.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
The newest Power Instinct on the Taito Type X board is great too. A bit of a pain getting it to run on PC but it’s worth checking out. Wish it would get a console release with netplay.

I'm still kinda perplexed by how it wasn't ported and PSN enabled for the Japanese PS3 about nine year ago.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
This is a great game once you forget about the fact that beating it means a fictional 12 year old girl named Sissy will marry and reproduce with the winner

Teluin

New Challenger
I just started playing this yesterday. Very cool game and you can tell the developers put in the work (as is Neo Geo norm).