New Metal Slug is being made for consoles, possibly new NeoGeo hardware (?) planned

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
what´s a semi opened plattform ? Some kind of already hardware hacked or just a raspberry pi with NeoGeo Logo ?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Maybe it's an FPGA based neo geo console? Semi open platform could mean off the shelf hardware solution? I'm clearly reading too much into it but fun to speculate.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
They also mentioned they aim to release two major games every year starting from 2020.

Leback

Stakes Winner
They also mentioned they aim to release two major games every year starting from 2020.

Very interesting, would be cool if they revive some older, less known (to non Neo fans) franchises along with new concepts.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
This is way too vague to even speculate currently. Let's just hope for the best

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
My Speculatron 5000 predicts that the new hardware systems will be:

Neo Geo "AES-style" mini console
Neo Geo "modern" mini console

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Hoping good things come of this.

Though with the recent announcement of the Capcom home arcade, could SNK have something similar in the pipeline?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I would be thrilled if this looked like Hard Corps Uprising in terms of tech but still had the Irem/Nazca style.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have no expectation, and I will probably be disappointed

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm wondering if the Neo Geo 2 & 3 bit was some kind of misunderstanding or translation error

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm wondering if the Neo Geo 2 & 3 bit was some kind of misunderstanding or translation error

It would seem so, but then it does appear to be somewhat related to new hardware, though the strategy to me seems a little bewildering. I can only speculate, and put no real faith in what I'm about to say, but I think the only way that SNK can bring out a new console and make money from software, seeing as the current gen platform strategy seems to be working fine, is if it concerns cart based media, with games being of the 2d category, maybe pixel art orientated , but it would be a system that would appeal to those who are interested in classic style traditional gaming. Something like the Ouya but supported by a company with stripes.