New Metal Slug is being made for consoles, possibly new NeoGeo hardware (?) planned

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
more than likely this will be an AES classic type thing, SNK doesnt have the ability to make another Neo Geo level library so they'll just recycle their titles. Cartridges are completely impractical so itll be some type of flash memory.
An AES classic wouldn’t be a bad thing at all, if done right. They could throw in an english version of Samurai Shodown RPG, as one of the built-in games.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
An AES classic wouldn’t be a bad thing at all, if done right. They could throw in an english version of Samurai Shodown RPG, as one of the built-in games.

I really wish people would stop talking about this. You wanna play it? Learn Japanese. They are never going to translate a game that didn't even sell well.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I really wish people would stop talking about this. You wanna play it? Learn Japanese. They are never going to translate a game that didn't even sell well.
Maybe it'd sell well if it got translated.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

No, cause now it would just be shitheads buying physical versions to take pictures and put on the shelf sadly. Game is average by the way. Played all the way through it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Who fucking cares about this samurai shitshow rpg anyway? Saner, that's who.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You learned Japanese just to play through a video game? Ya, sure...

No, I learned Japanese so when I go I can speak to people, instead of being an ignorant fuck expecting someone else to conform to my stupidity.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I enjoyed playing through it years ago on Saturn, even though I didn’t know what any of the characters were saying.

It would make a good addition, and add some variety, to an AES Mini games lineup.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I enjoyed playing through it years ago on Saturn, even though I didn’t know what any of the characters were saying.

It would make a good addition, and add some variety, to an AES Mini games lineup.

The Saturn and PlayStation versions are actually different from the Neo cd version. Not all the content is there.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Has anyone yet suggested that v2 or 3 could be an Arcade 1-Up like MVS? A "Little Red," as it were? This seems like it could be extremely do-able. And if you could plug in a USB stick where the memory card slot would be and import official downloaded games, they could have a winner ��

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
And if you could plug in a USB stick where the memory card slot would be and import official downloaded games

Do any of these Arcade 1 up systems have official expansions? It seems like it would hurt their business if you could just buy one and have all the games in there. I'm sure they're eventually going come out with an SF III, double impact and 3rd Strike version instead of letting you upgrade your existing SF II machine...

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah, that's true. I was thinking about the NGX game rollout, and thought maybe they'd try to do something like that again.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
No, I learned Japanese so when I go I can speak to people, instead of being an ignorant fuck expecting someone else to conform to my stupidity.

Learning Japanese has no bearing on being an ignorant fuck. You have some stupid logic, kid.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Learning Japanese has no bearing on being an ignorant fuck. You have some stupid logic, kid.

Oh you misunderstand me, I'm just tired of people asking for 20+ year old games to be translated. If they really cared that much they would step up and lend a helping hand in some form or fashion. But they don't. Always going on the internet saying it's dumb no one has translated it yet and go on and on if how they would have bought it if it was in English.

The reality of it is, learn Japanese or any other language, broadens your horizons. Learning things from other societies is an interesting thing and can expand your mind. I really wish people would have more understanding of how others think instead of just thinking for themselves. Just a thought of mine, has no real bearing in life. Plus I like just being an asshole here.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Oh you misunderstand me, I'm just tired of people asking for 20+ year old games to be translated. If they really cared that much they would step up and lend a helping hand in some form or fashion. But they don't. Always going on the internet saying it's dumb no one has translated it yet and go on and on if how they would have bought it if it was in English.

The reality of it is, learn Japanese or any other language, broadens your horizons. Learning things from other societies is an interesting thing and can expand your mind. I really wish people would have more understanding of how others think instead of just thinking for themselves. Just a thought of mine, has no real bearing in life. Plus I like just being an asshole here.

Not to be a dick but it does happen that old games suddenly get translated by their owners. E.G. Monster World IV on the Wii store. But if the game wasn't any good or worthwile I'll doubt we will ever see a translation.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This place wouldn't even still exist if we all didn't feel the same.

Yep. It's pretty much the fiber of this place. I wish I could say it was only saner who wasn't but he's an asshole for going against it.

Dr Docking

out of control fake account
My patented Dock Tec(c) can help turn your Metal 'Slug' into a Metal 'battering ram', capable of making all but the most worn lady unable to walk for a week.

I also can do something about worn lady parts, but my craft is mainly on the male anatomy. Best to keep port with what you're good at, as a good docker knows.