Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103

Thread: New Metal Slug is being made for consoles, possibly new NeoGeo hardware (?) planned

  1. #51
    Iori Yagami's Manicurist

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by gameofyou View Post
    A modern version of the AES would be pretty cool. Keep it a 2D machine, but modernize it with hdmi, wifi, ...ect. Make new cartridge games for it, but also have it backwards compatible with the existing AES games. I really think they could make money with a niche device like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by titchgamer View Post
    I would buy that.
    Pretty cool and you know what? If they get through to just that one little gamer -- it'll all be worth it. Yes, particularly if that little gamer happens to pay $46,000 for that toy.

  2. #52
    Super Spy Agent
    titchgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Pretty cool and you know what? If they get through to just that one little gamer -- it'll all be worth it. Yes, particularly if that little gamer happens to pay $46,000 for that toy.
    This little gamer does not have 46k of disposable income so very doubtful.

    But if its a sensible price I would be all over it.

  3. #53
    New Challenger
    Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    27
    This is exciting news. I would not be surprised at all if they take the switch route and develop games in the SD card format. That seems to be the future, considering blu ray discs don't hold nearly enough data than their sd card counterparts.

    Future is streaming or carts. Considering streaming or downloading games you need to package a harddrive and pay for unlimited internet connection etc i suspect is the sd card route. SNK can most certainly be a big player in that market.

  4. #54
    This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Up his own arse.

    Posts
    1,230
    I would buy an SNK ouya just cuz it says SNK on it

  5. #55
    Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    neo_moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    mastering the fun-de-mentals

    Posts
    4,763
    This is even better news than Limited Run Games doing a Mark of the Wolves homecart release!

  6. #56
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    kidchameleon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Posts
    125
    An SNK Ouya done right would be amazing. New games would shift units aswell. It would still have a entire back catalog.

  7. #57
    Camel Slug
    HornheaDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hells Kitchen

    Posts
    654
    Part of me hopes that I need to spend another 6 or 7 bills on this crazy awesome new AES2.

    But most of me knows it will be a Neo Geo X 2.

    I finally saw a Mini up close. What a piece of garbage. It's like George Lucas took over SNK.

  8. #58
    Geese's Thug
    Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your trash can

    Posts
    287
    SNK just doesn't have the capital to make any sort of actual new hardware that's not some FPGA garbage. Most likely this will just be a new mini console maybe for the NGPC.
    Alright, back again with THE IMMORTAL JOHN HANCOCK

  9. #59
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas

    Posts
    21
    Well as much as some hate the neo geo mini, it has been immensely successful in Japan, neo geo claims the neo geo 2 will be the true successor to the neo geo and not the mini, but news on depending on which sites claim will have built in games and have a chance to buy and play new games, who knows at this point, i feel it might be a niche system not meant to compete with Sony or Microsoft and Nintendo

    https://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/read/121126
    Last edited by Gaoh; 04-20-2019 at 06:00 PM.

  10. #60
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    kidchameleon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Posts
    125
    If your making something like the Mini, it would cost nothing extra to have Internet connectivity. So why not? Make something as cheap as the mini, not intended to compete with the big boys that you can sell new titles on. No need for physical media. I have a feeling this is their strategy.

  11. #61
    Super Spy Agent
    saner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    KOF Land

    Posts
    753
    PS4 PSN is a goldmine market for all kinds of games. SNK should bring Metal Slug Attack to PS4.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFudv3kwtrE

    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/...alslug_attack/

    https://metalslug.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Slug_Attack
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33305&dateline=131067  3456

  12. #62
    WA6TJE
    SouthtownKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Posts
    21,894
    Quote Originally Posted by saner View Post
    PS4 PSN is a goldmine market for all kinds of games. SNK should bring Metal Slug Attack to PS4.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFudv3kwtrE

    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/...alslug_attack/

    https://metalslug.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Slug_Attack
    PS4 doesn't need a microtransaction phone game, you dunderhead. The last thing players need is for consoles to shift to the customer-gouging microtransaction business model that mobile games use. Anyone who wants to play MSA can do so right now. We all already have phones. It's like you woke up in a bathtub full of ice with stitches on your head because black market organ harvesters took your brain. But the joke was on them, wasn't it?

  13. #63
    Neo Bubble Buster
    defalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    France / Russia

    Posts
    45
    The only things we need are new AES, MVS and CARTS ! I'd love to see new official Neo releases.
    Looking for info about a specific AES system? Mail id@hayde.neoteam620.com , I may have some.



  14. #64

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by defalt View Post
    The only things we need are new AES, MVS and CARTS ! I'd love to see new official Neo releases.
    Meh. They're unofficial releases with new plastic shells and PCB's. For collecting purposes I can take or leave them. They're just burning an extra Neo Geo-sized hole in my wallet.

  15. #65
    SouthTown StreetSweeper
    itsofrustratin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ottawa

    Posts
    566
    more than likely this will be an AES classic type thing, SNK doesnt have the ability to make another Neo Geo level library so they'll just recycle their titles. Cartridges are completely impractical so itll be some type of flash memory.
    The Offensive Orgy Mode!!!

  16. #66
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA ۞

    Posts
    10,869
    Quote Originally Posted by itsofrustratin View Post
    more than likely this will be an AES classic type thing, SNK doesnt have the ability to make another Neo Geo level library so they'll just recycle their titles. Cartridges are completely impractical so itll be some type of flash memory.
    I find this to be likely. A new variation of the old 24bit console
    Igs waz here


    Perfection

  17. #67
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,816
    I would be all for an AES mini, that'd rock and it's probably what they should've done from the start after all everyone else is doing the same thing.


    !!

  18. #68
    Astra Superstar
    Gaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The 7th circle

    Posts
    806
    But why announce both a V2 and a V3?
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

  19. #69
    Iori Yagami's Manicurist

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    But why announce both a V2 and a V3?
    It's prolly a love letter to us Germans. The V3 was a famous german supergun and could be multi-charged with all kinds of, eh, PCBs. We used to call it Busy Lizzie over here. And V2? Well, that's how we called a Missile... Command cocktail cab. There you have it.

  20. #70
    Astra Superstar
    Gaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The 7th circle

    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    It's prolly a love letter to us Germans. The V3 was a famous german supergun and could be multi-charged with all kinds of, eh, PCBs. We used to call it Busy Lizzie over here. And V2? Well, that's how we called a Missile... Command cocktail cab. There you have it.
    Ok, makes sense! Thanks Oliver!
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

  21. #71
    This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Up his own arse.

    Posts
    1,230
    i would actually really like if SNK's new hardware was a proper sequel to the neo-geo pocket color, with 2D arcade style games...

  22. #72
    NEST Puppet
    Hine62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York

    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Urethra Chode View Post
    i would actually really like if SNK's new hardware was a proper sequel to the neo-geo pocket color, with 2D arcade style games...
    Neo Geo X? It's too bad that this system didn't fill the gap. Maybe SNK will give us a similar system with good hardware...

  23. #73
    This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Up his own arse.

    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Hine62 View Post
    Neo Geo X? It's too bad that this system didn't fill the gap. Maybe SNK will give us a similar system with good hardware...
    neogeo x wasnt a proper anything

  24. #74

    Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My Island

    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    It's like you woke up in a bathtub full of ice with stitches on your head because black market organ harvesters took your brain. But the joke was on them, wasn't it?

  25. #75
    NEST Puppet
    Hine62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York

    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Urethra Chode View Post
    neogeo x wasnt a proper anything
    Agreed... It was a neat concept.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •