Holy Crap! Notre Dame On fire! Spire Collapses!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wonder if they had to wrestle the phone out of the President's hands to prevent him from tweeting about the "Fighting Irish".

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Sounds like the main cathedral and most of the artifacts made it. Just the wood top structures like the spire and the roof itself burned up.

There was also a fire at a mosque in Jerusalem built in 705. The Al-Aqsa mosque, the third holiest site in Islam.

But that one wasn't as serious. Just minor damage to one room before it was put out.

Still odd that two buildings that have stood intact for centuries caught fire on the same day.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Currently under renovations and there's a fire... hmm tradesman's toaster oven left on? flicked cigarette ended up in a tin of thinners? it's probably going to be something stupid like that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Squatter in the attic.

Well thank goodness it was France and not our Notre Dame.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
giphy.gif

Currently under renovations and there's a fire... hmm tradesman's toaster oven left on? flicked cigarette ended up in a tin of thinners? it's probably going to be something stupid like that.

Yup, some contractor's general liability insurance carrier is already lawyering up. Someone is gonna be out some big bucks.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This thread is halfway to being a betting pool for how the heck something like this could happen. Put me down for "contractor farted next to a heating element." Seems like something the French would do.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

118d8b2900571d72497d9d99ffebab67.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Varg throwing out conspiracy (of course he is)

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Good on those French billionaires committing several hundred euros to the restoration effort.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Good on those French billionaires committing several hundred euros to the restoration effort.

I think they have raised a billion almost. Imagine if we could have had that much raised to restore Palmyra or Ashurnasirpal's palace, which were destroyed simply to sell relics to the Museum of the Bible in the USA.

Made me wonder who will mysteriously gain what ancient treasure from this suspicious tragedy.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Wish US Billionaires gave this much of a shit about fixing Flint’s water.