Capcom Home Arcade

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I never understood why the big companies don't just make their own emulators? I mean, surly Capcom can just knock one together in a weekend considering they have all the technical data from the machines in question?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I never understood why the big companies don't just make their own emulators? I mean, surly Capcom can just knock one together in a weekend considering they have all the technical data from the machines in question?
The staff that understood how those machines worked is probably long gone. I assume they have documentation laying around in a bookshelf somewhere, but no employees with the background to understand it.

Im with ratson and neo moe on this. I feel guilty for liking the way it looks, but that design has to be pure shit to play anything on, that being said if it were half the price I would buy it to hang on the wall.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Im with ratson and neo moe on this. I feel guilty for liking the way it looks, but that design has to be pure shit to play anything on, that being said if it were half the price I would buy it to hang on the wall.

It’s gotta be better to play on than this thing:

81d3e2a74870b16a243a8204a7074330.jpg

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist

It's not that easy and it makes zero sense when MAME is available for commercial use now anyway. It would cost hundreds of thousand dollars to make one from scratch.

What would actually make more sense in that context is to just create native ports of all the famous ones like they did for SF2.

If you know what the game logic for all the games is, it would be far easier to simply recreate them.