Capcom Home Arcade

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I feel almost guilty for liking how it looks.
I'm a sucker for logos like snk, capcom, nintendo, sega etc.

You are not alone my friend.

But too expensive. I’d bite at $150 :)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Highly doubtful there's an actual CPS2 arcade board inside that thing. It's obviously teh r0mz. :rolleyes:

If that's your thing, you're better off getting a Pandora's Box: https://pandorastoybox.ca/
You can get the 6S model with 2050 games for around $120 on ebay.... :shame:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Highly doubtful there's an actual CPS2 arcade board inside that thing. It's obviously teh r0mz. :rolleyes:

If that's your thing, you're better off getting a Pandora's Box: https://pandorastoybox.ca/
You can get the 6S model with 2050 games for around $120 on ebay.... :shame:

You would need a supergun to run the Pandora's Box, though - right? This Capcom thing is a plug & play.

Edit: Nvm - saw they have their own plug & play now.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Looking forward to Strider & G'n'G, but why do I get the feeling that "higher-than-expected sales of the Neo Geo Mini had convinced the company to create", well, this...

Hmm, I guess, long after my death, even now, real catfights still exist. A fabulous piece of plastic on both sides. Farewell.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Fuck.. what the fuck...
it looks like an adult swim joke.
If they had just gone with the Capcom Impress design, something like when Sega had released their arcade panel for Saturn and Dreamcast, that shit is timeless.
This is some weird fucking joke.
They could have gone all out with the arcade panel and offered arcade style flat screen monitors as optional.

Last edited:

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This is about two weeks late for an April Fools joke.

So they go to the trouble of relicensing AVP, and they install it inside this overpriced, hideous monstrosity?

You fail it!

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
I'm sure SNK will fire back by releasing the SNK Home Arcade, a house-sized plug-and-play shaped like Mai Shiranui's cleavage. The only games included will be Top Players Golf, Burning Fight, and Warlocks of the Fates.

Seriously, this is the dumbest possible way to re-release old games, especially when Progear and AvP never before saw home versions.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Terrible, just terrible. On the bright side, maybe this means AvP will make a comeback in a better form down the road?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I’m not really interested in the plug and play device configuration. Hopefully the exclusive titles like AVP will be released on ps4, xbox, switch, etc via another Capcom Arcade Collection release.
Like i said this should have been a compilation instead for consoles to begin with then a plug'n'play.I guess capcom,wants to cash in on the console mini market.For that matter they should have went with the night warriors or vampire savior instead of the first darkstalkers.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's confirmed to just be running the emulator Final Burn Alpha, which is inferior to MAME (MAME emulates QSound properly, and FBA doesn't).

True, but the $5 ARM on a board that this thing probably uses can probably run the games in FBA better than Mame, much like the Raspberry Pis.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i think the arcade stick looks awesome! It would be nice if they added some kind of mounting brackets for a wall display.

As for the games, if they add online multiplayer then i say its way worth it, not a fan of just leaderboards. Price wise at $250, i think its ok depending on the build of the case.

Whippy

Banned
So your laptop is a better CPS2 machine than this laughable official Capcom product.

End times, assholes. End times.

This is another finance extracting shelf decoration, though I am surprised that Capcom would be trying this. Eventually the market will be flooded with these sub par emulation boxes, and the market for them will crash. Very few of these types of offerings will have the ability to make a name for themselves....the sales department at Capcom seems aware of this, since this is quite literally their name. This this is 99% worthless to anyone with a PC made in the last 15 years. The leaderboard is the only real "unique" feature, and it is only a matter of moments after release until hackers have figured out how to beat that system.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
If they had just gone with the Capcom Impress design, something like when Sega had released their arcade panel for Saturn and Dreamcast, that shit is timeless.
This is some weird fucking joke.

capcomBraveFencer57155604_1728341693979069_9016358427118534656_n.jpg

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I asked this in the other thread (didn't see this thread earlier):

This rom box runs FBA. If FBA is open source, how is Capcom able to profit from it?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

This rom box runs FBA. If FBA is open source, how is Capcom able to profit from it?

There's reports on it, but the short of it is one of the devs let Capcom use it, but another dev is pissed.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There is drama potential and it will be interesting to see how deep the rabbit hole goes:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

Usually, open-source licenses don't prohibit selling the software - but you have to include the source code, and the same license to redistribute it. So there's no problem selling a piece of hardware that runs all open-source stuff, as long as you pass along the source-code and don't stop people from further distributing it.

EDIT: Just checked their license - it's a stretch to call FBA "open source" with the restrictions they impose.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
There's reports on it, but the short of it is one of the devs let Capcom use it, but another dev is pissed.

The Capcom Home Arcade isn't made by Capcom. The name, logo, and games, are just licensed by Capcom. So it's really the other company that has been using FBA in a dubious way, not Capcom.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
The Capcom Home Arcade isn't made by Capcom. The name, logo, and games, are just licensed by Capcom. So it's really the other company that has been using FBA in a dubious way, not Capcom.

A lot of money for licenses, especially AvP. I wonder who this other company is.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
There is a lot of fuss about this thing. Apparently it uses FBA under the hood for which Capcom paid a license fee to mr FBA. Except, FBA uses a lot of code from FB and Mame, code that was never intended to be sold for profit. The owners of those snippets are thinking about retracting their contribution. Let's see what happens!

OT; ugly as hell.