SNK should make a new Card Fighters Clash for PS4 and other platforms

saner

Krauser's Henchman
SNK could potentially profit from that more than their fighting games, and a modern CFC would bring in more players, including those that are not into fighting games but like SNK characters.

1. a game like CFC is easy to pick up and play by all

2. has no steep learning curve

3. doesn't stress people out trying to perform moves (so even kids, seniors and those with injuries can still play it.)

4. its turn based format is universal (even Pokemon still uses turn based),

5. its card collectibility and expansion options can maintain interest. It would have single player and multiplayer values, it could be one of the games that people can actually play together locally too.

6. cheaper to develop than fighting games.
so its low risk, high reward.

7. much easier to balance than fighting games.

8. it would be the first modern SNK game that features the SNK multiversus of characters from various IPs, including characters that didnt make it in the original CFC games.

9. could have tweakable rules settings (maybe as an unlockable feature after beating the single player), so players can set their own perfect balance.

overall using KOF Allstars artstyle as a base, could make the CFC brand more appealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqrYQGNDA_Y

Card Fighters Clash gameplay + PS4, Switch, X1, PC + KOF All Star card art style + 100% pure SNK themed, would result in lots of epic gaming! It sure would sell a heck of a lot more than SNK Heroines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkxQ2SB3ZC8

they could even rebrand it with a new IP title, like SNK Card Clash or something like that. there are a lot of card fans on consoles, but there's a lack of quality unique card games like CFC on console. even Namco is now milking their DBH card game on console, SNK could go multiplatform with their own new Card Clash game based on CFC, and with KOF All Stars quality artstyle!

CFC is ahead of its time, it launched on a platform which flopped in the west, it was portable only, a modern CFC with quality mature epic and attention grabbing artstyle like KOF Allstars battle cards, can really make it appealing to casual and hardcore gamers alike.

there is a market for this unique genre. its not complicated like Magic the Gathering, and more fun than plain card games.

plus it would be interesting seeing avatars like Shin and Kei in 3D with updated world design and interface.

and of course, they should not make it a crossover, Capcom cannot be trusted, and SNK is better off going pure SNK this time for CFC, this would make room for even more SNK characters to make it in the game too.
SNK would profit more instead of paying Capcom royalties. SNK is big enough to stand on its own and CFC can exclusively present the the extra extreme awesome SNK brand with effective presentation and passion overall!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Why are all of your posts written like 7th grade book reports? I'm surprised you don't include a citation page at the end.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes SANER! you've nailed it, SNK should totally make a new card fighters game. Y'know I can't help but think that you might actually be drawing enough attention to things like this that it becomes a reality. Imagine that Saner, you've got a hand in it.

Good Work.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I'd love to see a new one as the first game is one of my favorite games of all time. Just as long as it was similar to the NGPC ones and not the DS one. I would be pretty great to see it on the Switch to play in handheld mode. I don't really see it at the top of SNK's to do list though

Marek

Banned
Why are we discouraging saner?

Saner, keep up the exhaustive and high quality work!

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I'd love to see a new one as the first game is one of my favorite games of all time. Just as long as it was similar to the NGPC ones and not the DS one. I would be pretty great to see it on the Switch to play in handheld mode. I don't really see it at the top of SNK's to do list though

aaaah why people think it would be great in handheld mode? all videogames are better on TV with console style gaming. even Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission is now on console (sure, Switch can go in handheld mode, but the game is playable in console mode too. handheld is not required)

handheld is just a gimmick, plus unhealthy to the eyes and uncomfortable compared to console gaming. I mean heck even playing game on a arcade cabinet is better than handheld.

gaming is just better on console. CFC missed out on massive amounts of gamers that would otherwise play it if it were playable on consoles.