Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Basic incompetent storytelling is the main flaw in The Last Jedi. They don't know how to move the characters from place to place. They don't know how to establish tension or stakes. The gimmicky representation of Kylo's fall and is ultimately just as silly on screen as the fall of Anakin Skywalker. These are serious problems.

Luke rejecting the Jedi order (as it is depicted in the prequels trilogy)? Not a problem. The right move, in fact. Disposing of the Rey parentage mystery? Fine. Disposing of Snoke? Fine. Getting Kylo Ren to stop playing dress-up? What's the problem? Kylo Ren outgrowing his costume and his master are probably the best parts of it. I mean, I've only watched it once.
Agree with all of this.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I like the final trailer and I'm an idiot!

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Shit movies, shit out by shit people at a shit company. It's all shit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Uhh, Palpatine straight up told Anakin in Revenge of the Sith that Plagueis got killed by his apprentice.
And I guess that means Plagueis died'ed forevers then. Because no Sith Lord has ever come back from the dead.

*Points to Maul in the Clone Wars cartoon and Palps in the new movie*

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Shit movies, shit out by shit people at a shit company. It's all shit.

The trailer is all like, “Look at all these shit characters you don’t give a shit about.” The prequel trilogy was bad, but these have been something else entirely.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
And I guess that means Plagueis died'ed forevers then. Because no Sith Lord has ever come back from the dead.

*Points to Maul in the Clone Wars cartoon and Palps in the new movie*

Count Dooku had his head cut off by Anakin, I guess that means he's still alive somewhere.

The rule is if the sith character was visibly executed in a way that guarantees death, they're dead. Darth Maul had his legs cut off, that doesn't include any important organs. Disney is just being stupid bringing back Palpatine, he was supposed to be dead on the Death Star.

If the character is a Jedi, they die very easily as evidenced by Qui-Gon Jinn, all the Jedi killed by order 66, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Luke.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Count Dooku had his head cut off by Anakin, I guess that means he's still alive somewhere.

The rule is if the sith character was visibly executed in a way that guarantees death, they're dead. Darth Maul had his legs cut off, that doesn't include any important organs. Disney is just being stupid bringing back Palpatine, he was supposed to be dead on the Death Star.

If the character is a Jedi, they die very easily as evidenced by Qui-Gon Jinn, all the Jedi killed by order 66, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Luke.
Regardless.

It's proven that Sith Lords can return. So Plagueis could be Snoke/Snoak/whatever.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I think what they need to do, is to get Lucas more involved in making the new films.
I've watched the prequel trilogy recently, and I don't think the films deserve the criticism they get from some people. Rogue One was an excellent movie.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The last one was so shit I don't think I can bring myself to watch this.

Rise of the Skywalker....I would rather play Rise of the Robots than watch this shit and that game was fucken shit...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
All you clowns are going to watch it day one then be the first to bitch about how it ruined your childhood.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
There always has to be two Sith (master and apprentice), in any Star Wars movie. And Snoke was killed in Episode VIII, so perhaps that's why they're bringing back Palpatine. It would have to be either Palpatine, or another master/apprentice for Kylo Ren.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
All you clowns are going to watch it day one then be the first to bitch about how it ruined your childhood.

We should acknowledge SW's pioneering work: contrary to the market, it manages to deconstruct nostalgia's deceitful powers like a visit to a good shrink.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Oof no way. Waiting out the crowds for a bit. I still haven't even seen Joker yet.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
yeah i'll be there opening night. I have a feeling JJ added something interesting, and the internet will ruin it immediately.
I really don't care about the crowds. It's all assigned seating these days.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Even with assigned seating you still run the risk of sitting next to the 30 year old parents with 6 3 year old brats. Fuck that.

For big tentpole stuff like a new marvel movie or star wars etc, I'll just wait a few weeks, then pay a little extra for IPic tickets. No parent is gonna spend $20+ a seat for the family soccer team.

Plus free unlimited popcorn and sodas.

Only prob is there are only like 15 seats so even with assigned seating or online ticketing, tickets can be tricky. So I just wait.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Hmm. Do you watch Marvel movies?

I've watched less than half of them and didn't care for about half of the ones I watched. They were okay but nothing great, billed as something great. I get that people like them and that's cool that everyone can enjoy their own thing but to me they aren't very exciting.

If I'm watching a show and having a good time then it is really easy to overlook it's flaws. When I'm not enjoying the show then the flaws really stick out and just kind of kill it.

I've only managed to sit all the way through one of the new star wars movies so far.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

116.gif