Gley Lancer re-release in June...

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Sold my original version more than 10 years ago ;__;
It's a good game but not worth the ebay Ferengi prices nowadays.
Gonna pick up the rerelease for sure, thanks for the heads up. (^_^)

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It nice to know that someone is doing something with Masaya's back catalog.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Sweet! I am picking this badboy up.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Nice one of the best shooters that is available for the genesis.I just have a reproduction of it but i wouldn't mind having a official copy of the game.It has become trend of late for third parties doing reprints for snes&genesis games :D

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It nice to know that someone is doing something with Masaya's back catalog.

Really? It's just a pricey game, that seems to be the only reasoning. Every other Masaya title is easily affordable and I doubt anyone will further re-release any of them.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I just burnt a 27c322 eprom with this game, like literally yesterday. Cost; less than $5 bucks. Just need to print a label and shove it in a box now. How is the build quality of these modern md games? Do they use 3.3v flash memory or good ol' Eproms?

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
I'm also curious about how well-made this will be, but it's a really neat idea at the very least. Too bad it's also sixty bucks and apparently not available outside Japan unless you use a proxy.

Gleylancer is pretty cool but not quite a favorite for me, so I'm on the fence. Of course, I'd buy two copies if they made official reissues for Battle Mania Daiginjoh or MUSHA.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Already preordered it via buyee on amazon.co.jp. \(^_^)/

You can't order directly without a Japanese address.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
:(

I saw a listing on Play Asia for this, is that a decent alternative?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Damn, buyee cancelled my order because it's already sold out at amazon. :blow_top:
Unfortunately, we could not process your order of the item below for the following reason:
<<There is a purchase quantity limit.>>

All related charges made to your account will be withdrawn.

Peeps are selling it for twice the price now, guess I won't get a copy.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Don't fall for the limited stock thing friends. Even if you never get to buy this pricey reproduction, you could always download the free rom and play on a everdrive.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is an official reproduction!? what the fuck is going on now? why isn't this game I don't give a shit about being ported to a modern platform!?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm fine with HiSpec's English repro. (which is stellar; that guy's meticulous when it comes to attention to detail).

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
This is an official reproduction!? what the fuck is going on now? why isn't this game I don't give a shit about being ported to a modern platform!?

It's "official" but unlicensed. Basically a bootleg.

It was released on Wii back in the day.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Been playing this game a lot lately, some my favourite tunes on MD. Think I'd prefer the og box art if I were to pick up a copy

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Cough up the bucks for an original or just play the ROM on an Everdrive. These moderns bootlegs, oops I mean repros, oops I mean licensed re-releases are artificially limited collectard cash grabs with some comical fine print disclaimers...

This product is not a licensed product of Sega Games. As it is different from the specification of the genuine cassette, the genuine MD may not operate normally depending on the production time. Please note. Other companies' MD compatible machines are not covered by the operation guarantee. About MD compatible machine, sound may be different from pure MD or sound may be disturbed. This product is an original product of Columbus Circle, not a licensed product of Sega Games. The listed names or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
This product is not a licensed product of Sega Games. As it is different from the specification of the genuine cassette, the genuine MD may not operate normally depending on the production time. Please note. Other companies' MD compatible machines are not covered by the operation guarantee. About MD compatible machine, sound may be different from pure MD or sound may be disturbed. This product is an original product of Columbus Circle, not a licensed product of Sega Games. The listed names or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Addendum: Warranty void if inserted and/or played by non-authorized personnel. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Slippery when wet. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. For recreational use only. No Canadian coins.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Cough up the bucks for an original or just play the ROM on an Everdrive. These moderns bootlegs, oops I mean repros, oops I mean licensed re-releases are artificially limited collectard cash grabs with some comical fine print disclaimers...
Well said. I actually don't have an issue with licensed re-releases, like the Irem games through retro-bit, but this is not that. It's just a pretty bootleg, as you said.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
They ask €50 for a repro? Insane. I think I'll start producing my own line of games and sell them off as 'unlicensed re-release of dead IP's'. Probably uses the cheapest flash memory they could find too.