Gley Lancer re-release in June...

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
There is no difference between buying a reproduction of a game, buying a flashcart or buying a recreation of a retro system. They're all "unlicensed" and "unofficial", and they can all be made cheaply and out of spec.

Let's not bash a product we havent seen, or the people interested in them.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So... it may not work correctly with a real system. It may not work correctly with a fake system. What is it designed to work with, a Mega Jet?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

geise

Mickey's Coach
It's still a bootleg if you ask me. Tobias might as well be making these....
I don't understand the appeal of these "re-releases".
So this is officially Masaya/ncs licensed?

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It's not a bootleg because it's licensed by Columbus Circle. The Masaya Games rights are owned by Extreme Co., Ltd.
Even the cover art is made by the original creator.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
It's not a bootleg because it's licensed by Columbus Circle. The Masaya Games rights are owned by Extreme Co., Ltd.
Even the cover art is made by the original creator.

It's a bootleg. It's not licensed by Sega. It might as well come in a Tengen cartridge case.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
None of the new releases on old hardware is licensed by Sega, Nintendo or SNK for example. With your logic Kraut Buster would also be a bootleg. ;)

fake

15 Year Member
None of the new releases on old hardware is licensed by Sega, Nintendo or SNK for example. With your logic Kraut Buster would also be a bootleg. ;)

Kraut Buster is a bootleg.

fake

15 Year Member
Go tell Bitmap Bureau they are creating a bootleg with Xeno Crisis. :p

I don't care about the legality of it or anything like that, but let's call a spade a spade.

These repro carts are like burnt ISOs that have been licensed by the original game's IP holder, but not the publishing platform or the creator of the medium. Sure, the cartridge manufacturer has the blessing of IP holder of the game, but they don't have the blessing of the owner of the format or console manufacturer.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Why should I care if Sega licensed it, when Sega doesn't care. I'm fine with new or rereleased games on old systems.
When you buy a used copy of any game, the developer or publisher earns nothing at all.

fake

15 Year Member
Why should I care if Sega licensed it, when Sega doesn't care. I'm fine with new or rereleased games on old systems.
When you buy a used copy of any game, the developer or publisher earns nothing at all.

Apparently you don't care. I don't understand why someone would spend money on a bootleg like this. I somewhat understand bootlegs like the NG Dev Team or the new games on old hardware that have been trendy over the past few years. I fully understand the chiptune comps that come on carts. Knock yourself out and spend money on bootlegs. I couldn't care less. But don't kid yourself.

That's a completely different situation and argument. You're only proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
That's a completely different situation and argument. You're only proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.

You buy the reprint = Extreme Co., Ltd. gets money as rights owner
You buy a used original release = Extreme Co., Ltd. gets no money

fake

15 Year Member
You buy the reprint = Extreme Co., Ltd. gets money as rights owner
You buy a used original release = Extreme Co., Ltd. gets no money

You're dense. You should be friends with HDR.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
f5cP7w3l.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Ugh

This is the worst way to express yourself.

It exposes your character to the depth of something frailer then the stick figures you've posted.

People have the right to criticize ok?

It's not about some whack mame or whatever.