In 2019, is Radiant Silvergun still a good game? How has it aged?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Be attitude for gains

1. ssia
2. ssia
3. ssia

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
It's aged like your mom, doesn't look like I remember it but still fun to play. The ending has always been weird though.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I remember being slightly underwhelmed by it for ages before it got its hooks into me. I prefer Donpachi a bit more.

Loved Ikaruga though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's fun, but in the "hey this is a cool $10 Xbox Live game" kinda way and not in a "$300 Saturn game r@r3!" kinda way.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
From what I understand, Xiga was a god of destruction. He still destroyed the world. Hence the cinema at the end with the two pilots in cryogenics.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I really enjoyed the music and variety of bosses. It hasn't aged too well due to the graphics, but I feel it's aged better than some others like Einhander. The gameplay is still top notch and after a few minutes the graphics aren't really an issue anymore.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
From what I understand, Xiga was a god of destruction. He still destroyed the world. Hence the cinema at the end with the two pilots in cryogenics.

I quite like the plot. Reminiscent of Asimov's The Last Question.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
The game’s heavy reliance on chaining and weapon upgrades kinda kills it for me. Its impossible to beat this game without achieving wicked advanced chains...

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Just get a few of the easier chains, some boss 100% destructions, and your weapon strength will be fine.

I learned 3-A, 3-B, (skip chaining 3-C unless you're elite), 3-D, and 3-E. Add on 100% boss bonuses, and I no longer felt underpowered for the ending.

sirlynxalot

Enemy Chaser
Fagit of the Year
This is one of the games that for me in the current era, I can recognize it as a super impressive game for the hardware and its library, but I don't find it fun to play compared to other shmups.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't understand how you're using library in this context. Game consoles have a library, a single game doesn't.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Meh, the real treasure Treasure game, is GunBeat.

Port, shmort。

Let’s get this jawn finished gents.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I just know when the world ends I want God to flash kick the Earth.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Threw this back in the cab, haven’t played it since it was SOTM. After a couple runs I fell right back into my rhythm with it. Once you start planning/modifying your chaining path it is super addictive, and it feels great when you get a massive chain.

I get to where when I die and tap the counter down I’m literally tapping the start button for another run.

I get that it’s not for everyone, but I’ll say I owned the STV cart for a decade without really appreciating or playing it any different than a normal shooter. When I sat down with it and really learned it, it changed completely for me.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I’ve had it since i was a kid on the saturn

Great looking game with a few flaws that hold it back... i find it to be too heavily reliant on chaining and weapon upgrades to get anywhere...