Grabbed Phantasy Star Online 2 for Vita. What Next?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Came across a copy of Phantasy Star Online 2 in the States for 5 bucks. So no great loss if if just sits on a shelf. I have heard it is a nightmare to get this to play on a North American IP, along with even getting an account made. Is it even worth the time to get this to play? I would probably not attempt the PC version to be honest.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Came across a copy of Phantasy Star Online 2 in the States for 5 bucks. So no great loss if if just sits on a shelf. I have heard it is a nightmare to get this to play on a North American IP, along with even getting an account made. Is it even worth the time to get this to play? I would probably not attempt the PC version to be honest.
I've got an account. Last I remember I needed a Japanese address that was real, a Japanese Social Security Equivalent and then the ability to answer some question in Japanese. Not as hard as it sounds there use to be guides back in the day. Then you need a Japanese ip or use one of the billion ip spoofers. The next issue is you need something like 20gb of free room for all the updates.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
never ran this on vita, but i don't remember it being such a nightmare on PC. There are english patches for most of the game.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I realize half the fun of PSO is the "O"...but doesn't it have a single player story? I have this, but have yet to crack it open.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I realize half the fun of PSO is the "O"...but doesn't it have a single player story? I have this, but have yet to crack it open.

PSO 1 had single player. But I think 2 does not. I would be totally fine with playing single player as well....if I could figure out the menu system to do so.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
No game in the phantasy star online series since the original has had an offline that uses the same save or offers the same gameplay. 2 completely eliminated any offline component however, Phantasy Star Nova is a very similar experience that is only an offline mode.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
PSO 1 had single player. But I think 2 does not. I would be totally fine with playing single player as well....if I could figure out the menu system to do so.

there is an english patch.
https://arks-layer.com/index.php

that site is how i figured everything out on PC. I forgot i did need to use a hiragana chart to get past a few captcha's. that took me a few tries as it times out.