Weekly Roundup 4/7/19

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Not much time for gaming until today

PS1
Legend of Dragoon - going through the ancient cities and only need the death city to go through before finishing this one. Finally.

PS2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven - the gf's brother lent me some games to try out, not a bad one. Got through the first two missions.
SSX Tricky - lots of fun just going down the courses on showoff

AES
KOF 95

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch
Donkey Kong 3
Timber man vs
Tetris 99
Danmaku Unlimited 3

PS4
Money Idol Exchanger

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Super Mario Party - Played with Bobak and he beat me his first time playing it lol
Taiko No Tatujin Drum N Fun - Bought another drum for 2 player and Bobak really seemed to like this game.
Tales of Vesperia Definite Edition

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC

Risk of Rain 2 (early access): Having a really good time with this. Seems great single and mulitplayer. The only thing I would warn people is that with multiplayer you really need to play with the Discord server as a lot of communication is involved.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PC:

Sekiro - Almost finished with NG+. Going for the Return ending.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just a few hours of Mario Odyssey

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo 2DS
- BlazBlue Continuum Shift II
Great 2D fighting game with lots of different modes/content.
- Code of Princess
Beat-em-up in the Guardian Heroes vein that's pretty cool. Being able to shift between 3 planes (front, back, and middle) gives it a bit of a Fatal Fury feel too. I like the Necromancer character, Lady Zozo.
- The Legend of Legacy
This RPG has the SaGa style of development (no experience points, the characters just get more HP, skills, stats, etc. whenever the hell the game feels like giving you some after a battle), which I'm not the biggest fan of, but, I'll live. HP completely regenerate after every fight, which I like, but, if a character gets KO'd during a battle, their maximum HP total is reduced each time, as a temporary penalty, until you rest, which can lead to dangerously weakened characters if you're not careful. The "fog of war" on the dungeon maps you explore is kind of neat. The game is pretty tough too (it's unusual to get your ass handed to you by beginner enemies in a RPG these days, but that happened to me multiples times with this one).
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
1,573 badges.
- Pokemon Picross
64 Pokemon captured. Finally saved up enough cash to buy entry into the 10th area this morning; I'll probably have everything, that doesn't require money, caught by tonight.
- Pokemon Rumble World
75th rank with 674 Pokemon caught. Got everything in the $160 balloon now and I'm halfway to saving up for the $140 one I want next.
- Pokemon Shuffle
22nd rank, 365 stages cleared, 649 Pokemon caught.
- Resident Evil: Revelations
Beat the campaign story mode (the final Tyrant boss fight, with its' phantom clones, was pretty tough/nasty, probably the most interesting Tyrant battle I've ever fought though). Also raised my rank to level 25 in Raid mode. I'll probably continue playing Raid for a while yet, and maybe start a new game+ campaign someday too.
- Super Monkey Ball 3D
Actually three-games-in-one; the usual monkey-in-a-ball marble mazes and also Mario Kart and Smash Bros. copycats (primate violence over bananas is getting out of hand). While the latter two modes aren't as polished as Nintendo's efforts, you get a lot of variety and bang for your buck with the cart.
- Swapdoodle
- TMNT: Master Splinter's Training Pack
Compilation cart of TMNT & TMNT: Danger of the Ooze. The former is a button-masher beat-em-up (all 4 brothers fight together on screen, although you only control one of them at a time, which I really like, as that's more "true" to how they usually operate in the source material, although that does make for a pretty crowded screen with a bunch of baddies) and the latter is a Metroidvania adventure game (which brings back warm memories of TMNT III: The Radical Rescue on the original Gameboy, and I think that's exactly what the developers were shooting for). If you like Nickelodeon's CG take on the TMNT, you can't go wrong here.

In addition to the 5 new 3DS games listed above, I also ordered Lilo & Stitch (supposed to play like a combination of Metal Slug, Gyruss & Flashback) and Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage for GBA too, and UPS brought them in the mail this morning, but, I haven't had a chance to try out either of those yet.