Advice needed for using Japanese Neo Geo CD console in the UK.

dfemorton

n00b
Hello!

I live in the UK and I've just purchased my first Japanese Neo Geo CD console (top loader).

I already have a Stepdown converter at home with the following ratings:

Input - 230V - 50Hz
Output - AC 110v 45W

Output on the back of the console says 29W.

Do you think it would be ok to use this with the Neo Geo CD in the UK, or does the output need to be 100v max for a Japanese console?

From what I've read online, I suspect the max output needs to be no more than 100v and I need to buy a different converter, but I could be wrong!

I've not purchased a stepdown converter before so any advice would be appreciated, thank you :)

dfemorton

n00b
Thanks for the link and recommendation, not worried about the cost if it's a good product. Cheers!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If you have the OEM POWCD-X AC adapter, you can just attach a UK power plug to it since it accepts 110V-240V.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What wyo said.

Also, the 110v will work with most Japanese electronics. Just don't leave it plugged in when not in use.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you have the OEM POWCD-X AC adapter, you can just attach a UK power plug to it since it accepts 110V-240V.

I actually do the opposite on my toploader, it came with a euro plug and a simple adapter. It's always worked fine. If it didn't cost so much to ship to the UK I'd offer to swap with the OP.