XBone(X) fighting stick

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Finally picked up an XBone and of course the 360 controllers are not compatible. I still have my LemStick with Cthulhu Mod for most of the consoles, however it looks as I'll have to pick up a new one for the XBone over time.

Some basic research didn't net many results, it seems the only major players are Hori and Razer.
There also seems some kind of adapter available (at least on amazon US to connect old 360 controllers, but people seem to have mixed results)

Does someone own a Hori Arcade Pro Kai and can speak a bit about that? Are there better alternatives I overlooked? Are there cheap throwaway options for padhacks?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Have you considered building your own? All Fight Sticks has cases and panels, and you can get the PCB, stick, buttons, etc. at the normal places.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I love the HRAP ( Hori Real Arcade Pro ). I use mine with everything, Neo, Supergun, PS4, PC. They really are the best sticks for the money. IMO

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've had good luck using the newer Mayflash universal converter to convert random other USB controllers to Xbone. It works better than my old Cronusmax. I don't think my Cthulhu stick worked with it, but if you booted the stick in Xbox 360 mode it should work with the Mayflash.

I really just use that with a pad though, it's too annoying to use a stick with it. I picked up a Mayflash F500 "universal" stick for the modern systems. It doesn't support the Xbone natively, but it has a USB port where you can hook up a Xbone controller to work as a passthrough. Alternatively, what I did was use the little Magicboots adapters to plug in instead, which makes it function as a native PS4, Xbone, or 360 controller depending on which adapter I plug in. The stick works with Switch and PS3 without any adapters.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Have you considered building your own? All Fight Sticks has cases and panels, and you can get the PCB, stick, buttons, etc. at the normal places.

Building a stick in general is not the main problem I think (except for the casing with which I suck but there are options for that) - but how do you wire the controls except from a padhack which seems to be a rather expensive option with the sticks starting at $60 from what I've seen?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I love the HRAP ( Hori Real Arcade Pro ). I use mine with everything, Neo, Supergun, PS4, PC. They really are the best sticks for the money. IMO

How can you hook the thing up to everything? It seems there are versions for PS4 and PC/XBone

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
How can you hook the thing up to everything? It seems there are versions for PS4 and PC/XBone

It works out of the box with PS3/PS4/PC (atleast in Linux Mint 18), then I use the Undamned USB decoder for the supergun and the Brook PS3 to Neo converter for the Neo.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Building a stick in general is not the main problem I think (except for the casing with which I suck but there are options for that) - but how do you wire the controls except from a padhack which seems to be a rather expensive option with the sticks starting at $60 from what I've seen?

You're right - it's expensive. But I think if you pay an extra fee, All Fight Sticks will assemble and wire everything for you - the multi-format PCB, stick, buttons, etc.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I have the Mayflash F500 with Magicboots and it’s definitely a decent universal stick, easily moddable, and reasonably priced on EBay.

Last edited: