Thread: Has anyone heard about a new Neo Geo Mini coming in 2019?

Lazy SNK Employee

Has anyone heard about a new Neo Geo Mini coming in 2019?

Hi All,

I just watched this video:

He says that he heard rumors from reliable sources of a new Neo Geo mini coming in 2019. The only other detail he gave is that there may be micro-switches in the controllers. Has anyone heard anything about this?

My wish would be for a AES mini with Joysticks!

Chin's Bartender

I wouldn't hold my breath

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Sure but wasn’t this the same guy who stated that the original neogeo mini release wasn’t real despite the fact that a gold version of the unit was publicly gifted just a few months prior?

EDIT: Yep. This was the guy.

Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 04-03-2019 at 01:59 PM.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Lazy SNK Employee

I watched that video and he doesn't state anywhere in it that the Neo Geo mini wasn't real?

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Ohh it's on youtube? some fuckwit on youtube said he heard rumors did he? oh well better believe it! BETTER YET! make a fucking thread for it here, gold star for you!

!!

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

the fact that video was published on 4/1 is also a clue.

but stranger things have happened

Rugal's Thug

He did inform me of the Wu Yifan ACE Neo Geo mini, which is supposedly real and rare. Though, who cares? Also, that guy's too jabroni.

Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon1 View Post
    I watched that video and he doesn't state anywhere in it that the Neo Geo mini wasn't real?
    Look at the title of the video. I called him out on his bullshit clickbait and he got all butt hurt and blocked me. He's another worthless YouTube chucklefuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

WA6TJE

They don't need to make another mini with microswitches. They just need to make another controller with microswitches and all previous minis would be fine.

Science will find a way!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    They don't need to make another mini with microswitches. They just need to make another controller with microswitches and all previous minis would be fine.
    They just need to release a version of the AES sticks again instead of the horrible CD controllers.

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkun34 View Post
    They just need to release a version of the AES sticks again instead of the horrible CD controllers.
    That would also be nice. Although I'd be kind of afraid to find out how they would inevitably fuck up the repro AES stick.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    That would also be nice. Although I'd be kind of afraid to find out how they would inevitably fuck up the repro AES stick.
    It would feel like one of those mushy 3rd party Sega arcade sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Lazy SNK Employee

Why the hostility from some posters? I posted it in a forum dedicated to News and Rumors! Anyway I have a nice animated gif of a popular science fiction character to upload here if it turns out to be true! Screw you haters! Oh more details, apparently there is a Samurai Shodown edition of the NG Mini, a stand for current models and also a larger model being released. These details are from the same guy, I cannot find another source.

Because as people who love the Neo Geo we're getting sick of companies releasing horrible shoddy products trying to cash in on nostalgia? I mean you can look at the control scheme of the Mini and tell that the designers have never played a Neo game before.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Friend me on Facebook!
    Exactly, I bought into the hype and I didn't even have a problem with the non-clicky sticks. However, the button layout is atrocious and does not include a macro button config (you can change it per game basis, assuming the rom lets you).

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Because as people who love the Neo Geo we're getting sick of companies releasing horrible shoddy products trying to cash in on nostalgia? I mean you can look at the control scheme of the Mini and tell that the designers have never played a Neo game before.
    I agree with the first part but not the second. Yeah, they changed the control scheme from the CD pad layout, but I'd argue the CD pad layout always sucked dick.

Rugal's Thug

Why the hostility from some posters? I posted it in a forum dedicated to News and Rumors! Anyway I have a nice animated gif of a popular science fiction character to upload here if it turns out to be true! Screw you haters! Oh more details, apparently there is a Samurai Shodown edition of the NG Mini, a stand for current models and also a larger model being released. These details are from the same guy, I cannot find another source.
    Yeah, I saw that too, that a bar-top unit might be in the works. That will be interesting.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Lazy SNK Employee

I love the Neo too, I have an MVS cab and a tonne of boards + carts. I like the idea of the MINI for the mass market types though. I would like one with proper controls as I pointed out in the original post.

NEST Puppet

Just the fact that this stuff is being made is great. Sooner or later we will something closer to what we want. Or maybe someone will figure out how to mod it. In the mean time the revenue helps the company to create new games like Samurai Shodown. The NeoGeo has a large catalog of games that could be remade for newer systems. I would like to see Magician Lord redone.

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

SNK should just go ahead and release a proper console

NEST Puppet

A console with online and dlc would be interesting...

-餓狼伝説弟子-

No hostility was intended. I don’t doubt the intel. I just thought it was ironic that the youtuber you posted was the first youtuber who expressed skepticism regarding the initial info on the neogeo mini to begin with.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Here’s one of the new variants for those still interested:

Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 04-07-2019 at 06:38 PM.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Here’s one of the new variants for those still interested:

Soooo... NG Mini using the Asia BIOS? Using the Arcade mode? Or just a new paint job on the shell?

Settle down Corky.

Thread Information