Has anyone heard about a new Neo Geo Mini coming in 2019?

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Hi All,

I just watched this video:

He says that he heard rumors from reliable sources of a new Neo Geo mini coming in 2019. The only other detail he gave is that there may be micro-switches in the controllers. Has anyone heard anything about this?

My wish would be for a AES mini with Joysticks!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Sure but wasn’t this the same guy who stated that the original neogeo mini release wasn’t real despite the fact that a gold version of the unit was publicly gifted just a few months prior?

EDIT: Yep. This was the guy.

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I watched that video and he doesn't state anywhere in it that the Neo Geo mini wasn't real?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Ohh it's on youtube? some fuckwit on youtube said he heard rumors did he? oh well better believe it! BETTER YET! make a fucking thread for it here, gold star for you!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
the fact that video was published on 4/1 is also a clue.

but stranger things have happened

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
He did inform me of the Wu Yifan ACE Neo Geo mini, which is supposedly real and rare. Though, who cares? Also, that guy's too jabroni.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I watched that video and he doesn't state anywhere in it that the Neo Geo mini wasn't real?

Look at the title of the video. I called him out on his bullshit clickbait and he got all butt hurt and blocked me. He's another worthless YouTube chucklefuck.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
They don't need to make another mini with microswitches. They just need to make another controller with microswitches and all previous minis would be fine.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
They don't need to make another mini with microswitches. They just need to make another controller with microswitches and all previous minis would be fine.

They just need to release a version of the AES sticks again instead of the horrible CD controllers.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
They just need to release a version of the AES sticks again instead of the horrible CD controllers.

That would also be nice. Although I'd be kind of afraid to find out how they would inevitably fuck up the repro AES stick.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Why the hostility from some posters? I posted it in a forum dedicated to News and Rumors! Anyway I have a nice animated gif of a popular science fiction character to upload here if it turns out to be true! Screw you haters! Oh more details, apparently there is a Samurai Shodown edition of the NG Mini, a stand for current models and also a larger model being released. These details are from the same guy, I cannot find another source.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Because as people who love the Neo Geo we're getting sick of companies releasing horrible shoddy products trying to cash in on nostalgia? I mean you can look at the control scheme of the Mini and tell that the designers have never played a Neo game before.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Exactly, I bought into the hype and I didn't even have a problem with the non-clicky sticks. However, the button layout is atrocious and does not include a macro button config (you can change it per game basis, assuming the rom lets you).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Because as people who love the Neo Geo we're getting sick of companies releasing horrible shoddy products trying to cash in on nostalgia? I mean you can look at the control scheme of the Mini and tell that the designers have never played a Neo game before.
I agree with the first part but not the second. Yeah, they changed the control scheme from the CD pad layout, but I'd argue the CD pad layout always sucked dick.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Why the hostility from some posters? I posted it in a forum dedicated to News and Rumors! Anyway I have a nice animated gif of a popular science fiction character to upload here if it turns out to be true! Screw you haters! Oh more details, apparently there is a Samurai Shodown edition of the NG Mini, a stand for current models and also a larger model being released. These details are from the same guy, I cannot find another source.

Yeah, I saw that too, that a bar-top unit might be in the works. That will be interesting.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I love the Neo too, I have an MVS cab and a tonne of boards + carts. I like the idea of the MINI for the mass market types though. I would like one with proper controls as I pointed out in the original post.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just the fact that this stuff is being made is great. Sooner or later we will something closer to what we want. Or maybe someone will figure out how to mod it. In the mean time the revenue helps the company to create new games like Samurai Shodown. The NeoGeo has a large catalog of games that could be remade for newer systems. I would like to see Magician Lord redone.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
A console with online and dlc would be interesting...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

No hostility was intended. I don’t doubt the intel. I just thought it was ironic that the youtuber you posted was the first youtuber who expressed skepticism regarding the initial info on the neogeo mini to begin with.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Here’s one of the new variants for those still interested:

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Settle down Corky.