Capcom Arcade Ports: Lets talk about em.

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
FWIW, I like exploring the home ports of a popular arcade game to see what's unique with each of them.

With Ghouls N Ghosts, the Sega Master System version has shops and different armor powers that makes that version unique.

That sounds kinda fun. And here I've been ignoring the SMS version of Ghouls N Ghosts all these years, because hey, why bother when the Genesis version is there?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Speaking of Capcom ports, it looks like they've actually done what everyone assumed they wouldn't and have the rights to release ports of Progear and AVP. A bundle with those, Darkstalkers, Giga Wing, and SFII is going to be revealed tomorrow.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Speaking of Capcom ports, it looks like they've actually done what everyone assumed they wouldn't and have the rights to release ports of Progear and AVP. A bundle with those, Darkstalkers, Giga Wing, and SFII is going to be revealed tomorrow.

Id have to see that to believe it. That would be a good compilation

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Heres some info.
https://www-theverge-com.cdn.amppro...de-price-release-date-street-fighter-mega-man

Unfortunately it says it runs off Final Burn Alpha, but does have wifi and leaderboards.

A little bummed Willow and Ghosts n Goblins are not on this thing.

I don't know why these companies are so fucking cheap when it comes to putting ROMs on these things. Just integrate a god damn 4GB USB or SD card for like $2.00, and put every CPS1 and CPS2 game on there.

Cheap bastards.

They just lost a sale on that. No thanks, I'll just build my own stick and get Final Burn Alpha for free.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Since it runs off FBA it will probably have GGPO. GGPO netcode is good, but the emulator leaves much to be desired. Like with all emulators it doesn't even emulate wait states correctly. Essentially slowdown in key parts isn't the same. Most notable will probably be in progear or fireball wars in street fighter. Also has like 2 frames of lag iirc + whatever the base of the game was.

That stick design is horrible but hopefully you can use it on pc.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
i guarantee the capcom plug n play will be hacked immediately. if it's not too expensive it might be worth it.... i'd rather have a dual microswitched arcade setup than a stupid hacked PS1 or snes mini classic.... even if it does look like a massive retarded capcom logo

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Heres some info.
https://www-theverge-com.cdn.amppro...de-price-release-date-street-fighter-mega-man

Unfortunately it says it runs off Final Burn Alpha, but does have wifi and leaderboards.

A little bummed Willow and Ghosts n Goblins are not on this thing.

I don't know why these companies are so fucking cheap when it comes to putting ROMs on these things. Just integrate a god damn 4GB USB or SD card for like $2.00, and put every CPS1 and CPS2 game on there.

Cheap bastards.

They just lost a sale on that. No thanks, I'll just build my own stick and get Final Burn Alpha for free.

You don't even want FBA. It doesn't even emulate the QSound DSP. MAME's better. FBA's been bush league second rate crap since Nebula and MAME pulled ahead with raster effects emulation. It's never been the most advanced emulator since that.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You don't even want FBA. It doesn't even emulate the QSound DSP. MAME's better. FBA's been bush league second rate crap since Nebula and MAME pulled ahead with raster effects emulation. It's never been the most advanced emulator since that.

How's that 120 fps Metal Slug port to the PC coming?

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
You said it would be 60 fps @ 120hz. I'm just curious when it's coming, the PS5 is right around the corner John Carmack.

No, it will be just like my version of Final Fight: it runs at whatever framerate your display is. If you have a 144hz monitor, it runs at 144fps, if you have a 120hz monitor, it runs at 120fps, etc.

Last edited: