Movie theaters have nothing anymore, how we got here

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Did you take your kids to see Coco? That was some awful shit. Commercials, a bunch of trailers, that shitty Olaf short, it was nearly an hour before Coco actually started and the kids were getting antsy. Thankfully the movie itself was good.

For reals, I don't know how my kids got through a movie at the theater without peeing their pants the first time since they want to watch the whole thing. I think an hour and a half is about the longest my son will sit and pay attention.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don’t see these when I go to the movies. Maybe way before the movie starts, before the lights dim, but not as part of the pre-movie attractions.

If you want to avoid commercials and/or trailers, just show up late. The actual movie usually starts around 20 minutes after the posted time at my local joint.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If you want to avoid commercials and/or trailers, just show up late. The actual movie usually starts around 20 minutes after the posted time at my local joint.

Yeah, that's even better than the people who talk during the trailers. The movie starts, and then all of a sudden, the theater lights up as some asshole opens the door because he showed up late. Then these people make a big production out of finding their seats, walking in front of you, etc.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, that's even better than the people who talk during the trailers. The movie starts, and then all of a sudden, the theater lights up as some asshole opens the door because he showed up late. Then these people make a big production out of finding their seats, walking in front of you, etc.

Nah, I've got it down to a science, I tell ya! Walk in the door a couple minutes prior to showtime. No disturbances.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

Am I the only one that thinks this is bullshit? It's another reason to not go to a movie theater. If I buy a ticket for a showing at 5, I want a showing at 5. Sure, run trailers before it, but again - showing me a movie is their one job. They're late to their one job.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Am I the only one that thinks this is bullshit? It's another reason to not go to a movie theater. If I buy a ticket for a showing at 5, I want a showing at 5. Sure, run trailers before it, but again - showing me a movie is their one job. They're late to their one job.

yeah.... you should just stay home then.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

To play devil's advocate, commercials help keep ticket prices down

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
To play devil's advocate, commercials help keep ticket prices down

People complain about movie ticket prices but they're actually pretty reasonable considering the average budget was like 30 mil thirty years ago and now it's over 100 mil.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Just go on Tuesdays to the $5 matinee. There's no one there and it's cheap. Who needs to go to premieres? Oh I got midnight tickets for Avengers, fuck off.

Also around here you have to get seats like at a concert, fuck that shit. Half the time the seats already taken are for people online and their friends who don't show up. So a bunch of the reserved seating ends up empty.